A question about a question she asked me.

StringsAndSticks

StringsAndSticks

Hello there everyone,

O.K. A brief back story.... Met a woman online about a month ago. We've been talking and texting back and forth (some of it being of a very "intimate" nature), went out for the first time last week, and are going out again this weekend.

Well, last night she asks me, "Can I ask you something?" So, I say, "sure.... ask away." Then, she asks me, "are you seeing other girls?"

I told her that no, I wasn't (because, I'm honestly not) and asked her, "why do you ask?" She said she was "just wondering." Well, duh, of course you were wondering, that's why you asked. LOL

Anyway, here's my question.... Does it mean anything when a woman asks you this question? Does she NOT want me to see other girls? Or does she WANT me to see other girls? Or, am I looking way to far into this? LOL

Thanks for reading! I look forward to your perspective! :)

The inclination is that she is trying to determine your expectations and intentions in regards to her. By asking if "you are seeing other girls" she can discern whether you are one of those guys that dates and talks to a lot of girls, or are you looking for a serious relationship. In other words, if you are just talking and dating her you are showing her a couple of things.

1. She matters to you enough to where you do not need a bunch of other girls to date.

2. You are mature enough and on the level where you are probably looking for a serious monogamous relationship.

3. She has full possession of you, in the sense that there are not a bunch of other girls dating you and competing for your attention.

• Like 1
No one knows except her :).

Agreed. But if I had to handicap it - if you guys are hitting it off, then there is a 90% chance because she really doesn't want you seeing other girls.

If the conversation is kinda waning, then it is more likely the other way as she wants to make sure you're not getting all radar locked on her.

She wanted to know where she stood. With OLD you're told to assume the other person is dating multiple people.

From that Q alone don't assume she wants to be exclusive with you. She might have been seeing where you were on the subject to determine if she should date other people or how to tell you that she is.

• Author
StringsAndSticks

Thanks for the replies everyone. You've definitely given me some food for thought. Although, I may not have a definitive answer yet, your input has certainly narrowed things down a bit!