My boyfriend created a "badoo" like online dating account?!

deissy_12

I am very sad and confused. Today my friend called me and told me she found that my boyfriend created a "Badoo" account. It is an app where boys & girls can meet. She uses this app and found his account in "new users" near our city.

We have 6 months together and everything is going great, or at least I thought so! I don't know what to do! I feel confused & sad about finding out he created this app! :(

My friend told me she didn't enter his profile so he wouldn't find out she viewed his page! What should I do? Or how should I go on about this? Has anyone had a partner do this??

Find the profile and see for yourself what it's about then you can assess.

ADD: Create a fake profile and go check yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author

We just did, my friend helped me create a fake profile. He has some pictures of himself, didn't include any details about himself. And put "wants to make new friends". :(

What is his status? Single or in a relationship?

Can you see when was the last time he was online?

I am familiar with Badoo, this is where I met my ex-boyfriend. The site tells you when the person was last online.

• Author

The only part he filled out was language "english". He didn't put anything for relationship status.

I found that by putting the mouse over his picture the last online comes out without having to enter the profile again and his last login was 30 minutes ago :(

Time for some fun, take your fake account.. put some hot pictures on it and hit him up, and then bust him.

• Like 4

He can be at soccer and accessing his account from his phone.

Sounds like he is up to something, I am sorry.

You could send a message and see how he responds.

• Author

I keep checking it :(

He hasn't viewed the fake profile we made.

My friend told me not to tell him anything for now and to track his activity in this app for the next few days.

My friend said this happened to her with her ex bf, but that he just used it for about a week and then didn't enter it again so she never told him anything.

But its difficult for me!

The man recently told me he got new girl friend few days ago is still using his online dating account everyday now.

I don't understand this.

maybe his gf don't know he has this account, so he still use this account to meet girls.

or if his gf know this, then it's different story.

I keep checking it :(

He hasn't viewed the fake profile we made.

My friend told me not to tell him anything for now and to track his activity in this app for the next few days.

My friend said this happened to her with her ex bf, but that he just used it for about a week and then didn't enter it again so she never told him anything.

But its difficult for me!

So her boyfriend's profile still exists, he just doesn't access it, or he put it on invisible and it's impossible for her to know when he access it.

My style would be to send him a message and see what he wants. I actually did that once. I had been dating a man for 3 months. I sent him a message with a fake profile, it took a few minutes for him to offer me to meet that same day. I played it along, got the details of the date set up with him, then I rang him and told him to fv.ck off.

• Like 5
  • Author
So her boyfriend's profile still exists, he just doesn't access it, or he put it on invisible and it's impossible for her to know when he access it.

My style would be to send him a message and see what he wants. I actually did that once. I had been dating a man for 3 months. I sent him a message with a fake profile, it took a few minutes for him to offer me to meet that same day. I played it along, got the details of the date set up with him, then I rang him and told him to fv.ck off.

They are not together anymore they broke up a few months ago that's why she's actively using the App, she is single.

That was very smart of you to do! So should I just send him a "hey" or something on the App?

And Do I act like everything's fine when I'm texting him? Or should I ignore him?

Ignoring him is not going to accomplish anything. He will get suspicious why you do that. He may connect the dots and delete his profile before you know what's up with that.

So send him a message: feel like chatting type of message and see what he is up to.

He is in a relationship and has a new profile on a dating site....he is up to something.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
deissy_12

Ok so I didn't do anything about it...

One day I was very busy and didn't respond to his message for several hours and my friend told me that in that time he changed his badoo from "make new friends" to "date girls"

And finally yesterday my phone had died and I didn't find my charger. I didn't talk to him for a little more than a day cuz of that. And today I opened my phone and had lots of messages from him. BUT on his badoo he changed to single and filled out more profile info in that time frame!

It seems that the more I ignore him or don't talk to him he starts using badoo more!!! So I've thought of breaking it off, however should I address the account I found out about?

Also another friend keeps telling me not to cuz she thinks that he just uses it when I'm not talking to him cuz he fears I might break up with him or something but idk.. what do yall think?

Grumpybutfun

I think if it was clear that you two are exclusive and he is looking for other women, you are acting desperate and sad by trying to make excuses for him, by doing anything other than confronting him, breaking it off with him and telling him you deserve better than his immature and duplicitous behavior. He isn't that into you and is looking for other women...move on. Stop wasting time and energy on losers.

G

• Like 3
ExpatInItaly
Ok so I didn't do anything about it...

One day I was very busy and didn't respond to his message for several hours and my friend told me that in that time he changed his badoo from "make new friends" to "date girls"

And finally yesterday my phone had died and I didn't find my charger. I didn't talk to him for a little more than a day cuz of that. And today I opened my phone and had lots of messages from him. BUT on his badoo he changed to single and filled out more profile info in that time frame!

It seems that the more I ignore him or don't talk to him he starts using badoo more!!! So I've thought of breaking it off, however should I address the account I found out about?

Also another friend keeps telling me not to cuz she thinks that he just uses it when I'm not talking to him cuz he fears I might break up with him or something but idk.. what do yall think?

I think your friend's take on this is a load of BS meant to help you feel better. In other words, that is not why he has a dating profile. Please. Sorry, OP, but he's actively seeking out other girls. You already know this much. That would be a deal-breaker for me. I would break up with him and tell him he's free to Badoo himself 'til he's blue in the face now. End of story.

• Like 5

So I am going to disagree here. About 8 mos ago I was just starting to date a lady. Things were going great for the first four weeks and I just stopped logging into my profiles. We weren't exclusive or anything but I just had zero interest in meeting anyone else. Then we hit a patch for about 2 weeks where you could just tell something was "off". Communication went down in intensity and frequency. You could just tell there was a shoe to drop. About halfway through I fired up my profile and when the shoe eventually did drop (over kids and my lack of desire to have any more) I was already chatting with about three women.

Call it a defensive move, or coping, or a backup plan. But there was a direct correlation between her behavior and my use of OLD.

Toddbt12y1

Break up with his ass!!

Trust me, badoo= nothing good. I was horrified to find my now ex lover on badoo. Was funny hearing that excuses she gave for having a badoo account. Like, having it before we met. We were together for 4 and 1/2 years, lol, and it was still active.

That site is nothing but trash. You can literally meet for anything on there. When I spied her out, anyway, you could meet for "friends" dates, and 'one night stands.' Etc.

You cannot read messages without a profile pic...least not two years ago.

• Like 1
So I am going to disagree here. About 8 mos ago I was just starting to date a lady. Things were going great for the first four weeks and I just stopped logging into my profiles. We weren't exclusive or anything but I just had zero interest in meeting anyone else. Then we hit a patch for about 2 weeks where you could just tell something was "off". Communication went down in intensity and frequency. You could just tell there was a shoe to drop. About halfway through I fired up my profile and when the shoe eventually did drop (over kids and my lack of desire to have any more) I was already chatting with about three women.

Call it a defensive move, or coping, or a backup plan. But there was a direct correlation between her behavior and my use of OLD.

The OP clearly said that she thought everything was great. There was no need for a 'back up' plan.

If you and the OP's boyfriend had any balls you would have addressed the issues in your relationship and if you could not work it out, thén you move on.

• Like 1