buying her family dinner makes me look desperate?

griffindunker

griffindunker

last night my girlfriend of ten months, her younger sister and her niece went to dinner. it was at a local burger joint. for the 4 of us it was only 21 dollars so i just paid it myself. my girlfriend said i didnt have to but i told her dont worry about it

well this morning she called me and said it made me seem desperate to try to impress her

i was just trying to be a nice guy. it wasn't a big deal

did i really do a bad thing?

If it was a 100$ plate dinner or you haven't been dating long I would say yes...

10 months? Only 21$ and it was just the ladies its not like you tried to show up one of the dudes of the family....I would of kissed you and said thanks for being so sweet to my family.

Its weird she makes you feel bad for it pretty dickish imo, ungrateful.

I think what you did was okay and thoughtful.

You've been dating 10 months I'd assume the need to impress stage is over, is she really still in that stage? Its just who you are.

Edited by Omei
  • Like 2

Maybe she has some kind of competition with her sister and doesn't like the idea of you expending resources on her. Women take that stuff seriously.

Wow. She accused you of looking desperate because you paid for a $21 meal for four at a burger joint?

You did nothing wrong.

I let my girlfriend pick me up at the airport but if she ever picks up me and my brother I'll be pissed.

PegNosePete

You have been together 10 months and she thinks you are trying to impress her by spending $21?

What's wrong with her??

Hello_is_it_me

Weeeeeird. Especially since you've been dating 10 months. If you did it on like the first or second date I could see her point... Hmm... Is she the jealous type? Maybe she's jealous of you helping her sister?

I'm with everyone else. You did good! :) Or at least, for most, your gesture would have been appreciated.

bubbaganoosh

I can't see how paying 20 bucks for a few hamburgers is looking desperate.

Maybe you should let your girlfriend know that and tell her that you have enough confidence in yourself that you don't need to do things out of desperation and that maybe she should think before she speaks and just say "thank you" and leave it at that.

• Like 1
organizedchaos
last night my girlfriend of ten months, her younger sister and her niece went to dinner. it was at a local burger joint. for the 4 of us it was only 21 dollars so i just paid it myself. my girlfriend said i didnt have to but i told her dont worry about it

well this morning she called me and said it made me seem desperate to try to impress her

i was just trying to be a nice guy. it wasn't a big deal

did i really do a bad thing?

She sounds kind of like a b****

Is this an isolated incident or does she exhibit this kind of behavior in other situations too?

• Like 1
TheNewMe2014

concur..early on..maybe desperate to impress. Now? perfectly fine and seems like the nice thing to do.

IdontPlayanyGames

lol. just ask her family where the money they owe you is the next time you see them.

and never pay again. i dont see a big deal. but if shes gonna freak then dont pay anymore.

• Like 1

No dont dump her lol someone said dump her its not a big deal, ask her why she feels the way she did I think you should ask her why on earth she would see it this way, and also ask her about future outings maybe she didnt like you paying and made up a reason.

Find out talk about it like a couple.