Hinted at my feelings and got nothing

I've been seeing this girl for 3 weeks now. Tonight will be our 5th date, we're going to go to an event where her friends and my friends will be.

To me this is a step forward for the relationship, we've never had the talk or ever mentioned that I would like for us to be an item.

What's frustrating though is that I have to constantly initiate conversation, she never takes my calls but does always text back. Last night she said she was looking forward to going out today.

I said that I was looking forward to it to but more because I get to see her again after the weekend as opposed to the actual event. She never replied after that.

My worry is that she's not as into me as I am to her. Should I start putting on my parachute and prepare for a let down or is this normal in blossoming relationships?

Don't prepare your parachute just yet. Women like to be conquered, that's your job. Maybe she's busy that's why she doesn't always answers to your calls.

Go to that event and focus on her, be friendly with her friends. It's to early to tell but I think that if she wasn't interested in you she wouldn't invited you to the event in the first place.

I think you should prepare...but that doesn't mean it's doomed. It does however seem that she's not as into you as you are her, but it may be that she takes longer to develop any real feelings. I'm very much like this myself.

Let it go for a while if you're happy to wait, but try to keep your own feelings in check and don't get your hopes up. Take care not to scare her off with the relationship talk if she's not ready for it. Continue to date, but watch for the signs that she either wants more, or wants less. Adjust accordingly.

However, If you feel that you are getting very invested very quickly, it may be wise to speak to her about your budding feelings and whether or not she is looking for a relationship or something more casual. Don't hold on and set yourself up to get hurt if you're falling too hard.

• Like 1
I've been seeing this girl for 3 weeks now. Tonight will be our 5th date, we're going to go to an event where her friends and my friends will be.

To me this is a step forward for the relationship, we've never had the talk or ever mentioned that I would like for us to be an item.

What's frustrating though is that I have to constantly initiate conversation, she never takes my calls but does always text back. Last night she said she was looking forward to going out today.

I said that I was looking forward to it to but more because I get to see her again after the weekend as opposed to the actual event. She never replied after that.

My worry is that she's not as into me as I am to her. Should I start putting on my parachute and prepare for a let down or is this normal in blossoming relationships?

hhmm lets see

1. Never picks up your call

2. Never initiate contact

3. Leaves you hanging on text when you say you're looking forward to see her again.

I would say she enjoys going out but is not interested in connecting with you on a more personal level. She avoids talking on the phone with you when it's much more personal than text, she also doesn't respond to text that are more personal like your text saying you are looking for ward to see her.

Some people just aren't beholden to their phone. When you have been with her does she have her head buried in her phone or is it something that sits in her pocket and is rarely even considered?

I prefer to use calls & texts to arrange dates/meets rather than need to keep in contact all of the time. I am however happy to up my contact and meet in the middle if it's important to a guy.

I like to be given the chance to miss the guy a bit. It keeps the spark alive if I am curious and he is not always 'there'.

If I wasn't pretty darn sure of my interest then I would be backing out of a new man meeting friends and family.

Just go with the flow right now but when you see her ask her about her phone style.

Some people just aren't beholden to their phone.
Yeah but you know when people are super excited to have someone new in their life that phone becomes a priority and we constantly check it! Also, if I am into a guy and later on I see I missed his call you bet I will call back or text him I have seen his missed call and he can call back. Especially after 5 dates, that's enough dates to stop playing who called who first or I won't pick up cause I want to look busy.