Need advice. Pleae help.

ppp2020

So i met this girl at my new job and we hava been talking and flirting for about 2 monts now. Shes in her middle 30s and im in my middle/late 20s.She also has kids. I really like her and Im sure she knows that. I thought she was really into me nut i think i might be wrong. People at my workplace notices that we have been talking a lot and flirting. One my friends today said i should ask her out. Well i did ask her out few ago and all she did was laught and said "i have kids" hahaha. Last week we were talking and one of my coworkers said" you two love birds". After that she started ignoring me and barely talking to me while talking to everyone else. I still try to be friendly with her but I can tell shes trying not to talk to me. What should I do? SHould i also ignore her or not to talk to her as much? or should i continue to be friednyl? Is she playign games or whats going on? I really like her and dont know what to do.

I'm going to explain to you what is happening

She likes you, but just because you are younger and don't have kids

she feels she doesn't have the right to be with you

You don't know this feeling, it sucks!

Men like younger girls, they don't have this feeling of guilt or being unworthy

But when it's the other way around, most times ...Women feel insecure, life is unfair, fear, guilt and they will start to run away. At many times she will be angry at the guy for being interested in her, because in a way he is guilty too in making her feel that way.

Of course not all women think this way, but a big majority think like that.

So play the game right, ignore her for a week to make her taste her own medicine then chase her again.

But if you are not serious, please stay away from her.

Edited by Noproblem
  • Author

Thanks for advice. I tried to ignore her but its really hard because I really like her. I really miss talking to her and stuff. I was thinking of asking her out again but I dont think I should since I asker her out once already.

• Like 1
Thanks for advice. I tried to ignore her but its really hard because I really like her. I really miss talking to her and stuff. I was thinking of asking her out again but I dont think I should since I asker her out once already.

Ignoring is hard, I know

but once she get ignored, she will try to get your attention..,,,

It could be something so subtle, like seeing her moving in front of you even though she can walk from any other ways

or something more obvious, like catching her staring at you....

• Author

Are you sure she likes me? Because honestly shes been acting like she does not care about to talk to me or care about me at all.. ....Arrggg life sucks :( lol. Thanks again for advice much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Author

I really felt like she liked me. I really felt like we had a connection but maybe she was just being silly and friendly. I dont know. I guess time will tell.

Edited by ppp2020

Yeah. She might not see you as something to be considered seriously because you're young and don't understand the responsibilities she has.

On the OTHER hand... This is work! Haven't you read the 73828483993 posts about work romances gone bad? And how it's a terrible idea to ever get involved in one?!? She has kids and responsibilities. She probably needs this job and when she saw that her attention towards you was being noticed by others she figured she better back off and not risk her and her children's' livelihood!

Just be casual and friendly. Let her decide what she wants to do. She's got a lot more riding on this than you do.

If you want to be pushy you can wait until you two are alone and say "hey I've noticed since _____ comment you've been a little distant. I respect that this is work but I do really enjoy talking to you. If you'd like maybe we can talk outside of work so that it doesn't complicate our time here."

Then just leave it.

She has a lot to lose and probably doesn't take you serious. That being said... Are you sure you can meet the expectations she would have? Ever dated someone with kids? Her hesitation may be legitimate.

She likes you but not as much as you do. Just be friendly for a while, be polite but don't spend time with her as much as you did in the past. See if she's trying to initiate something and then try talking to her in private, tell her exactly how you feel and see how it goes. It's better to try and fail than wonder ''what if''

• Author

Thanks for all the advices guys. I know its not a good idea to get into relationship with a co worker. I am planning on quitting this job soon anyways. And i dont know if she wants relationship or what. When i quit i should tell her how i feel about her?

Thanks for all the advices guys. I know its not a good idea to get into relationship with a co worker. I am planning on quitting this job soon anyways. And i dont know if she wants relationship or what. When i quit i should tell her how i feel about her?

I strongly advise that you do.

• Author
I'm going to explain to you what is happening

She likes you, but just because you are younger and don't have kids

she feels she doesn't have the right to be with you

You don't know this feeling, it sucks!

Men like younger girls, they don't have this feeling of guilt or being unworthy

But when it's the other way around, most times ...Women feel insecure, life is unfair, fear, guilt and they will start to run away. At many times she will be angry at the guy for being interested in her, because in a way he is guilty too in making her feel that way.

Of course not all women think this way, but a big majority think like that.

So play the game right, ignore her for a week to make her taste her own medicine then chase her again.

But if you are not serious, please stay away from her.

So i took your afvice and ignored her for a week lol. Didnt even say hi or anything. I dont know what should I do now? SHould i keep ignoring her or try talking to her???? Like how should I approach her after not talking to her for a week.

So i took your afvice and ignored her for a week lol. Didnt even say hi or anything. I dont know what should I do now? SHould i keep ignoring her or try talking to her???? Like how should I approach her after not talking to her for a week.

and what did you notice ..Like was she annoyed or something?

not really, she was just acting normal and didnt seem to care

By the way sometimes we pretend that we don't care.

Anyway, I think she didn't take any move and she is not that interested ...So how do you approach her after that...?

When you see her talking with other colleagues, just causally say hi to them all and participate in talking ...Other than that.. I don't see the point in you going after her personally ..

Because she is the one who changed with no reason.....