So there is this guy..... Any input is appreciated!!!

duckduck

Typical there is this guy post :p

So I met a guy a few months ago. He is 5 years older and we started hanging out. I like him because he is more mature compare to most of the guys I dated, but from the way he acts I was thinking whether he is just shy, he wants to take things slow ( he knows that I never had long term relationship before) or he's not interested.

He has been flirting with me over texting, telling me he missed me and making jokes about dating me and stuffs like that. I usually flirt back a little bit (just a little bit because I'm really bad at it) until one night he drunk texted me he loves me and the next day he said he means it. ( And I didn't reply on that when he said he means it.... is that bad :(?!)

And I started hanging out with him alone. I was really confused because when we were hanging out, he just completely cut off the flirting thing. We usually go to a dinner or a movie, he asks a lot of questions about me and tells me a lot about himself (even everything he did in that day in details! and about his family). He calls me ma'am, acts protective and walks REALLY FAST until he realizes I can not catch up. And NO PHYSICAL CONTACT at all. No hugs and stuffs like that. But everytime after we hung out he always said he's very happy and suggests we should do something else together next time.

So I'm not sure if he's just making sure I feel comfortable being with him, or he is just not interested. :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

He sounds like a shy one. I used to be that way also. I am pretty sure he is just waiting for you to make the move so he knows that he isn't being too forward.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

he really likes and really wants to take ti slo w....sounds all good.....smilin......best wishes.....deb

• Author

sorry for asking but what would be consider as really really obvious green light? bringing up the text right now sounds a little bit too late:lmao:.

try initiating a date?

touch him?

sorry for asking but what would be consider as really really obvious green light? bringing up the text right now sounds a little bit too late:lmao:.

try initiating a date?

touch him?

If you want to initiate touch, one of the best subtle way to do is if you see something ahead that u want to check out (cute squirrel, bird, car, whatever), quickly grab his hand (don't look at hand while grabbing lol) and lightly drag him towards the destination. When you both get there, let go of hand. Just something random to think about.

• Like 1

@ DuckDuck

Like someone already said, Subtle and Obvious are not the same thing.

The trouble with subtle is that more often than not it's too ambiguous!

I don't buy into the whole 'flipping your hair ,batting your eyelids' crap. I think you'll find that more and more guys today prefer the direct approach. No guy worth his salt has time for guessing games.

You already know this guy is into you so what is stopping you from asking him out already?

• Like 1

Green light: touch his arm

Brighter green light: reach for his hand to hold hands while you are walking

Really, really obvious green light: kiss him goodnight next time

• Author

Update: I gave him a somewhat bright green light and we hung out a couple times after that. Then last night night he called, telling me he likes me and then he was like having something stuck in his throat and said:" ugh ****, wait ask me tomorrow! Ask me tomorrow wtf I wanna tell you today!!!!"

Ugh what :cool: