Do I need to worry..

winny

Hi Friends,

I met this guy thru an online dating site. We texted for 2 weeks before we met. The first date (on a saturday) went great and we kissed briefly at the end of it. He immediately asked me out for Monday to which I said yes. But on Monday on the way back from office he got stuck in traffic n got late by the time he reached home so he asked to reschedule. So we decided for the coming Friday. On Friday he reached home n texted me he will be starting in a while. But after sometime he texted me his dog got into an accident n he is going to the vet. The whole time he texted me saying how bad he is feeling and he is still trying to keep up the date. But the doctor advised him to have his dog under observation for few hours so he rescheduled again. So we met on Sunday night and we had a really great time n we kissed at end of it. He texted me saying later that it was perfect. This Friday he again asked me out for Saturday evening to which I agreed. But he didn't fix a time and I assumed he will call/text and confirm the time later. But when he didn't I called him up in the evening. He didn't pick. Later on he texted me saying it is his Mom's birthday this weekend, so she requested him to make her a tiled table top n so he is doing that for her now. His hands were dirty so he couldn't reply earlier. He is still trying to finish n meet me up. And worst case he will meet me on Sunday. And that he has already told his Mom and friends that he will not be available next weekend so the entire weekend will be for me. To which I replied, I understand that he is doing something for his Mom's birthday, but he has to confirm me the time for Saturday or Sunday that time itself. Otherwise I keep on waiting and I am not sure till the end whether we are going out or not :( This happened twice already. He didn't reply to the text. I wished him good night after some time. And no reply or update still. Is there any concern for me to worry?

Additional details: Today it is a month since I have known him. We text entire days almost thru out office hours till we sleep. He told me last weekend that he is interested in me and into me. He also asked me whether I am seeing anyone else to which I said no, coz I am not. He also told me he wants to meet my friends and wants me to meet his.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say his wife had other things he had to do at those times.

Now to answer your question, NO you should not be worried at all. You should move on and not spend one more minute of time or one more ounce of energy on this internet phantom.

I am kind of in the same boat as you!! I met this guy online as well and we met up and everything was great etc etc...but then all of a sudden he doesnt text me as much so I dont text him and now when he does text me its a random text telling me how sorry he is, he has just been so busy finishing up his final semester in college. Very, very odd. So what I do is, I just let him be and leave him alone.If he is that interested as he says he is, he will come around, if not, well then he wasnt as interested as he said.

• Like 1

Here's what I do when a guy makes a date, then has to do something, but will try to meet me at a later time and he'll "keep me updated" as to what time.... I tell him "don't stress about it, lets do another night instead"

Because stuff comes up in life, but I have a life too. And I refuse to get dressed up and wait by the phone when I could have made other plans.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yes, I guess I should have been more clear on the time expectation.

But the last 2 times when he fixed dates n got into problems.. the entire time he was texting me n giving me updates on whats happening n he is sorry.. his problems were genuine so I didn't think much about it.

However this time I felt he could have told me early on about his plans for his Mom's birthday and he asked for the date from his end so he needs to cancel/reschedule if he thinks he cannot make it, instead of asking me to wait.

That is why I asked to tell me clearly whether he can make it this weekend or not now itself.

But that was last evening. N nothing yet from him :(

• Author

Sent him a text saying that because I didn't receive any replies to my last text so I am assuming that we are not meeting today and that is fine coz I have to study for an exam (which is true).

Some time after that I got a reply from him saying he had to replace his phone this morning (he had texted yesterday saying his phone is messed up) and got my messages just now. Asked me whether I received his texts.. to which I only said - Yes :)

I am going to take a step back here n see what happens...