gf and I just broke up but she just cooked dinner and bought me an xbox

RonChalant

She found out I had been talking to someone I wasn't supposed to talk to...led to an arguement, then she found out I had been randomly texting my ex. She pretty much told me she was done...don't want to hurt her anymore so I let it be.

Come home and she ask me to pick her up from the mall and notice bags, figure she went shopping to make herself feel better. Get home and I go into a back room to just be away from possible arguments, but when I walk past the kitchen I notice.....there's a full blown meal that's been cook. 1st in later she comes into the room and tells me she got me the gift she was going to get me.....my birthday isn't for another 2 months!

What the hell have I just witnessed?

Personally I think the food may be poisoned lol.

She left out crying a bit, I am confused out of my mind. Don't know too many people who had their ex buy them an expensive gift 2 hours after THEY break up with you

I think she likes you a lot but needs affirmation from you that you like her enough too for the other girls to not mean anything to you. By cooking and buying you stuff she's wanting to show you she's a cool girlfriend to have and she's inviting you to tell her that she's cool and the one you want to be with as clearly her throwing her toys out the pram didn't get that result-which is ultimately what I think she's looking for. She sounds in love, insecure, abit lost and needing you to say if it's on or not. But if it's not, I say leave her now and make it clean else you're going to hurt her..

I can see why chess piece said that - on one level she is rewarding seeming disloyalty and going against her own word as if she's had a frontal lobotomy. In some ways that suggests to me she needs to learn that insecurity can bring about irrational self-destructive behaviour. Continued disloyalty would be a sure fire lesson for that but if you love her then iI think it would be the worst way to help her. Girls with low self-esteem tend to enter the victim culture willingly and do things to screw themselves over as they junk they deserve it.

todreaminblue
I can see why chess piece said that - on one level she is rewarding seeming disloyalty and going against her own word as if she's had a frontal lobotomy. In some ways that suggests to me she needs to learn that insecurity can bring about irrational self-destructive behaviour. Continued disloyalty would be a sure fire lesson for that but if you love her then iI think it would be the worst way to help her. Girls with low self-esteem tend to enter the victim culture willingly and do things to screw themselves over as they junk they deserve it.

i cant see why anyone would say be disloyal to her unless trying to be sarcastic even then sarcasm is a low form of wit............ and i dont understand your last sentence...you are saying she deserves disloyalty......no one deserves that......you leave plain and simple...you dont treat people badly because they can be treated badly you leave if you dont like the way they are anything else is rank........deb

She found out I had been talking to someone I wasn't supposed to talk to...led to an arguement, then she found out I had been randomly texting my ex.

I think this is why she broke up with you, have you really thought about it ?

Seems like it wasn't her fault.

She cooked you a meal and bought you an xbox then found out the things that hurt her and boom... break up...

Have you thought about apologizing ?

It doesn't seem all that mysterious. She regrets breaking up in anger and haste, and wants to try again. It seems like many people here believe that once you break up you can never stay friendly or even try again. Loveshack should change it's name to Bridgeburners.org.

• Like 1

It always astonishes me! Some of you guys who are promoting that this jerk continue being a jerk are morons.

OP, I feel sorry for your ex. She's another example of a woman who just can't break ties with an ********* like you and other vermin like yourself.

She deserves a good guy and you're not one.

I'm prepare to be chastised and banned.

• Like 2
i cant see why anyone would say be disloyal to her unless trying to be sarcastic even then sarcasm is a low form of wit............ and i dont understand your last sentence...you are saying she deserves disloyalty......no one deserves that......you leave plain and simple...you dont treat people badly because they can be treated badly you leave if you dont like the way they are anything else is rank........deb

I think you misunderstand me. I don't think she deserves disloyalty. I think she deserves to know where she stands. Whether she regrets breaking up, is insecure or just wants to be friends, I think it makes sense to talk it through.

She's doing the "pick me!" dance. You bet she's still angry at you, but she's also very hurt that your attention was drawn elsewhere. Poor girl's security and faith in you has been shaken and - through these gifts and displays of affection - she's hoping you'll realize that she's the best of them all.