How to find the balance between not being too cold and neutral and not being to keen?

Cfb770099

I find very hard to find this balance because of some past experiences with guys. The problem is especially with messaging. When I´m face to face with a guy I can communicate I´m happy to be with him by being nice and chatty, but I don´t real get how one is supposed to behave when texting? I´m in my early 20s so texting and communicating on Facebook feels more natural than calling, at least at the early stages.

For instance if a guy writes "I had fun, I hope we can do it again" after a first meet up, what should I answer?

"I hope so too" sounds way too eager for me, like I m just making things way to easy. Maybe just a "yes I had fun too :)" would be better? But I already told him that before we parted....

Suggestions please ?? :D

And after how many dates should the woman start initiating contact as well without leaving it all to the guy?

acrosstheuniverse

Sounds like you're overthinking things. I'd reply with 'yeah, me too! That would be great!' why not let him know you enjoyed it and want to see him again too? There's being too keen, and then there's just showing that you had a nice time and want to see him again, only a really crazy guy would be put off by that if he likes you.

As for initiating contact, well I don't know, depends on how much you text... with guys I've dated in the past we've always been in touch daily via text, so sometimes he'd text first, and sometimes I would. Just keep it light, let him know something funny or weird or cool that just happened to you, ask him if he's seen this film you're currently watching, that sort of thing.

Most guys like a chase, but most guys also won't chase somebody that acts as though she doesn't particularly care about seeing him again and never sends him a text or facebook message without him initiating, he'd just think you're not interested.