My sex life is ruined/dating life is ruined

bavmysta

en5a.jpg

So as you can see i've attained a good physique with my training routines but as a result i've now got Hernia...This is common amongst bodybuilders like myself however i feel its going to be an issue when dating someone and perhaps getting to the point where we would have sex and she'll notice a scar (as i am due for operation soon) and i don't think its going to help my sex life at all..

i am pretty upset about this.. I just want some opinions - does this really matter? scars etc??

Speakingofwhich

The scars wouldn't bother me but the tats would be a turn off. Am sure not everyone feels that way, though.

• Like 3
MercuryMorrison1

Honestly I think you're being pretty superficial about it. If I had saw this picture without it having a description I wouldn't even have noticed anything out of the ordinary.

I'm not trying to be a dick...But seriously I think you are way over thinking this. A scar isn't a sexual / dating death sentence. But your insecurity to having one might be.

• Like 1
MercuryMorrison1
The picture is pre-op though.

Oh my apologies. That'll teach me to read closer.

Regardless I stand by what I said and don't think it should be an issue.

• Like 1

Yes most women I know of don't have a problem with scars .But they would probably find unattractive, men who worry too much about said scars because it shows that they have zero self confidence.

• Like 1
93TheHitStick

Girls don't care much about scars. I have scars all over my body from cutting myself up when i was younger. Idk i used to be crazy i've gotten a ton of stitches from different stuff. I also have scars on my chest from gyno surgery. But its supposed to get better over time. And i've been with two girls since and neither has complained. They might ask but just tell the truth.

I couldn't care less about scars. But then again, I am not attracted to bodybuilders, so it's possible that someone who IS attracted to bodybuilders puts a higher value on (lack of) physical flaws. How big is the scar going to be?

In general - if someone rejects you because of a small scar on your torso, that tells you something about their character. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• Like 3
Ninjainpajamas

I've got some big scars and small scars from an array of things, resulting from surgeries and injuries, It's never really something I've had a choice with just different things in life unfortunately some from less savory activities like fighting when I was younger...my longest scar is probably 3 inches long, but I've got several of those though, I even have a scar in the back of my head, on my elbow, knuckles, subtle ones on the face but I heal pretty well and I'm always real careful with pre-op recovery, I always do what I'm supposed to and beyond...except when they say not to do X by X date, like most people I'm usually running around before that a little bit, just careful.

If this is your first scar I wouldn't freak out about it, I would say most don't notice right away and don't care, I've never been self-conscious about it other than the one on my head because you could see it at times and people would ask me about it, which sucks a little bit but I've had it so long I don't even care either...I don't know how big of a scar that will be from a hernia, it was a pretty common sport injury and I've lifted as well but didn't get one, but I never knew it required any surgery either.

Now with the tat, that will be more a matter of taste...some with either like it or hate it. So if you can deal with that, not sure what you're worried about scars for....the only reason I've hesitated on tats myself is because I was never sure how I'd feel about it over the long-term and knowing me probably couldn't "commit" to one of those either.

Agree with the others. I don't mind a scar, would be turned off by your tats though.

I have 4 scars on my leg (surgical) each is about 6 inches long. Then I have about 8 small scars from arthroscopic surgery, no one can see these now. All the scars were noticeable for about 6 months while heeling. Now all but one scar no one ever notices. Even that one no one really notices, maybe one comment every 2 years, which is strange as it is quite large and prominent i would think.

It would be helpful to me if guys I was dating noticed then it would give me an easy way to bring up a potentially awkward conversation. However it turns out when you are dating someone they are more focused on other assets ha I would imagine by the time any chick is close enough to notice the scar in that location she probably is more focused on getting some action ;-)

You don't have an issue. A scar wont matter if it is the right woman. You could as easily say would my physique turn off a woman? Or would my tats turn off a woman?

Long-term, isn't it about in sickness and health? If someone can't get past that you have a scar from a past medical issue, what happens if you ever get really sick?

You have a tramp-stamp on your fricken chest.

A hernia scar will be the least of your problems when trying to find a woman.

Unless, you want a GF that will shank you if you don't put the toilet seat down.

Damn, dude, you are ripped. I wonder how many female readers bookmarked this thread or saved that pic to do the dirty deed to it later :laugh:

With that girly tatt across the chest? NOT! Scars, OTOH, are hot. They tell a story.

• Like 2
Damn, dude, you are ripped. I wonder how many female readers bookmarked this thread or saved that pic to do the dirty deed to it later :laugh:

Doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid.....:)

• Like 1
  • Author
I couldn't care less about scars. But then again, I am not attracted to bodybuilders, so it's possible that someone who IS attracted to bodybuilders puts a higher value on (lack of) physical flaws. How big is the scar going to be?

In general - if someone rejects you because of a small scar on your torso, that tells you something about their character. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Not a big scar, its hardly 1 1/2 inch big.

• Author

Thanks but to be honest, im more upset that i got ripped and suffered a hernia afterwards.. so its not like im reaping the rewards of having a ripped body.....Oh well, i guess i knew the consequences of weight lifting..

• Author

Looking at the comments, you're right. I guess with me having tats all over my back, arms and chest.. I have nothing to worry about with a scar on my pelvis area.

As I can see most women get turned off by ink rather than scars..

• Like 1
Speakingofwhich
Looking at the comments, you're right. I guess with me having tats all over my back, arms and chest.. I have nothing to worry about with a scar on my pelvis area.

Ya, but you can have them removed (laser). Or find a woman who's also inked up.

Some like ink, some dont....some like scars, some dont....some like ripped men, some dont.......you've got nothing to worry about

• Like 1

You'll find someone who appreciates the whole package, don't worry. (And yea, your abs look great, but I happen to like 'em skinny)

He just wanted a reason to show his picture, so congrats on your fitness.

This was my first thought. I was wondering why someone would be worried about a scar that would be so small and a non-issue.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be concerned about a scar.