Need guidance on college situation.

dallascowboys1992

dallascowboys1992

Whats up guys? I need a little advice on a matter that I am going through. I met a girl couple of months back at the most random place and we've been hitting off on a great foot the entire summer. She is really shy which I like alot because those are where you find the keepers. I'm going to be a senior in college and she is a senior too but we both go to different colleges (However it is a 20 minute drive between us so not that too much of a long-distance thing).

With school approaching, I brought up the "what are we" talk because I feel I have a right to know, and I know she'd be too shy to start that talk herself. She basically told me she doesn't want a relationship right now and wants to enjoy her last year of college as she got her first place this year. Although I understand where she's coming from, since I am in college myself, part of me wishes I didn't hear that response. However she reassured me that she still likes me and still wants to hang out with me when school begins so I know it wasn't just a random summer fling.

My question is what should I do? Should i keep trying or just do me for my last year of college?

Skyraider829
Whats up guys?

The sky.

Sorry, I had to say that.

I met a girl couple of months back at the most random place and we've been hitting off on a great foot the entire summer. She is really shy which I like alot because those are where you find the keepers. I'm going to be a senior in college and she is a senior too but we both go to different colleges (However it is a 20 minute drive between us so not that too much of a long-distance thing).

Cool, twenty minutes is no big deal. Its good to know you've got an already fairly solid foundation with her.

With school approaching, I brought up the "what are we" talk because I feel I have a right to know, and I know she'd be too shy to start that talk herself. She basically told me she doesn't want a relationship right now and wants to enjoy her last year of college as she got her first place this year. Although I understand where she's coming from, since I am in college myself, part of me wishes I didn't hear that response. However she reassured me that she still likes me and still wants to hang out with me when school begins so I know it wasn't just a random summer fling.

Part of making this relationship work out is honoring her requests and desires, that's the way to get someone to respect you. And what she's saying is understandable. On top of which, you have her reassurance like you stated - she may not want an "official thing" but its still something you two have.

You don't need to try - if she likes you, she likes you. What to do? Spend time together as you would over the summer, do fun things together and let it go from there. ;)

Is your question really about sexual exclusivity?

Is she using a highly effective contraceptive?

Twenty minutes by car is less drive time is less than an urban commute from across town. It's nothing.

• Author
dallascowboys1992

I just don't know if I should start looking for other people because she wants to enjoy her senior year. I kind of want to settle down since and she really doesn't. So im not sure if I should just keep hanging out with her or just cut my losses

No mention of what your degree will be or grad school plans. The most common couple dilemma as undergrad ends is job offers in different cities. After that factor it's grad programs in different cities.

Maybe you're not factoring the post college dilemma and in fact what you're facing is delaying the termination of any potential relationship?