He says he wants to take things slow..

cilladagreat

cilladagreat

Ok so I'm new to this and I really need some advice. . I have been talking to this Guy for about 2 months, he's in the Marinecorps and he is stationed 3 hours away from me, he came to visit me once about 2 weeks ago he came for a whole weekend ,we really hit it off we went to go watch the fireworks with some friends ,went out to the movies and to dinner you know a lot of fun stuff,no we didn't have sex or even hold hands closest thing we did was hug. And yesturday I decided to call him on the phone and tell him exactly how I feel, that I like him a lot and I really want to be with him. .but he says that he does like me and he thinks I'm really preety and funny,but he just wants to take things really slow because he got dumped about 6 months ago when he was on deployment and he's still healing from that,problem is he sees her everyday in the chow hall,no they don't talk at all,but he says that he still hurts from that and he doesn't want to jump into anything too quickly because that's how he ends up falling for the girl hard and he ends up getting hurt,so he is scared of getting hurt again. So for right now were just going to take things really slow and really get to know eachother, I really like him a lot and I want to prove to him that I'm the best one out there for him, can anybody give me any advice on how to convince this Guy, or any way to speed up the process? Thanks a lot!

StayBeautiful

You can't speed up the process. He's still in love with her, and the best thing you can do is step back from it. He is not emotionally available.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't get too invested in this guy. He's obviously still hurt from his ex, and having he around doesn't help the situation at all (despite him not talking to her).

He's not ready for a relationship. I'd step back and keep yourself emotionally distanced for now.