The Alpha Male flirts with other women in front of their sig other?

I have a female friend, very "nice girl" but dated a cheating boyfriend. Of course he'd always flirt with women RIGHT in front of her, but when men in our group would try to even TALK to her, he'd run right for her and put his arm around her as if he was....you know....her boyfriend. LOL

She eventually dumped his arse...but I've known women that would not dump guys even though their man would OPENLY flirt with other women RIGHT in FRONT of her (not in secret)

Is that one of the many characteristics of an Alpha male?

It's one of the qualities of an insecure douche-bag. Any woman that would put up with that is equally insecure.

• Like 1

In some relationships, one insecure partner basically allows the other to walk all over her or him. I don't know about alpha ... sometimes both people are just nuts.

Alpha males take care of their friends, are confident, relaxed, generally kind, and protective of those who are close to him.

• Like 3

You can't ask this question without defining what "Alpha male" is, as there are many prevalent definitions, interpretations, and usages. So this thread will turn into a long-winded debate of semantics.

• Like 1

There are several different ways of becoming the Alpha Male, so you can't boil down one action into being Alpha or not. Besides no girl who has any respect for herself whatsoever is going to put up with that behavior for long.

Charles Saatchi wasn't flirting with other women in front of his wife, he was busy being obsessed with and choking HER.

Chicks get heated that's what you want to happen. Why you think guys who know how to push a girls buttons have no problem getting them?

Think about the animal kingdom and females in heat. That's when they're fertile. Same with humans, a guy who doesn't raise her temps is boring and falls into friend zone.

BeholdtheMan
I think you're confusing alpha male with douchebag. You don't have to be a douchebag to be a confident, assertive male.

Alpha, Beta, Theta, Sigma or Omega-male, all are d*cks if they do such things.

I have a female friend, very "nice girl" but dated a cheating boyfriend. Of course he'd always flirt with women RIGHT in front of her, but when men in our group would try to even TALK to her, he'd run right for her and put his arm around her as if he was....you know....her boyfriend. LOL

She eventually dumped his arse...but I've known women that would not dump guys even though their man would OPENLY flirt with other women RIGHT in FRONT of her (not in secret)

Those are the characteristics of a woman who winds up 40, divorced, partying like she's in her early 20's & bouncing from d-bag to d-bag while ignoring any decent guy who would treat her right.

Then complains it's so hard to date at her age. :)

It's one of the qualities of an insecure douche-bag. Any woman that would put up with that is equally insecure.

and strangely, some of the hottest women I know end up with guys like this over & over & over again.

this is why they really are just friends.

Because i know they are no good for me relationship wise.

That guy's just pushing her buttons.

To do that sort of thing you have to be good looking and charming. Women who don't know better go ga-ga for that sort of thing because it fits in with their fantasy of landing the Unicorn, ie "I finally found a HOT POPULAR GUY who will love my completely average and ordinary self forever and ever..."

Women do this to guys too you know...seen that plenty of times...

Maybe the hottest women you know are douchebags too? Being hot doesn't stop someone from being a douche.

There are a lot of guys that complain about *hot* women going after *bad* boys. They fail to see that they are chasing the same kind of girl that these girls are chasing in men. There are plenty of nice, attractive, normal healthy girls out there that get ignored all the time because they are the *hot* girls.

I thought I made it clear that was the reason I have zero interest in dating them.

maybe not.

Those women who get with the d-bags have a whole circle of orbiter's they call "friends".

I've seen this first hand with some of my female friends.

These guys like them & they know it.

She will never sleep with them. They don't know that.

When it comes time to buy a round the women will pull out some money & act like they are going to pay but by the time they both walk up to the bar the guy has "convinced" her to put her money away. I LOL!

The point of them being hot is quite simply they have a hell of a lot more options than the average woman yet still continue to pick the worst of those options.

Then complain there aren't any "good men out there"

Also, the only time I ever see hot women get left alone is when they have their "bitch face" on or have an attitude.

If you are telling me you see "hot" women stand all alone in a bar or never get approached, then your idea of "hot" is way different than everyone elses.

Edited by phineas
  • Author
When it comes time to buy a round the women will pull out some money & act like they are going to pay but by the time they both walk up to the bar the guy has "convinced" her to put her money away.

True, but you have to admit, some of these guys insist or push themselves on these women to pay for their dinner or drink to the point where it makes their "female friend" uncomfortable. She sometimes refuses 2 or 3 times, and the guy is like "No no no no! I got it , I got it!!"

So some of these guys are enablers.

THEN they complain how these women won't date them. They act like some kind of martyr.

True, but you have to admit, some of these guys insist or push themselves on these women to pay for their dinner or drink to the point where it makes their "female friend" uncomfortable. She sometimes refuses 2 or 3 times, and the guy is like "No no no no! I got it , I got it!!"

So some of these guys are enablers.

THEN they complain how these women won't date them. They act like some kind of martyr.

That also.

You have women who allow these guys to do this & guys who allow themselves to be chumps then get pissed.

Also, what i've noticed about "alpha" men and the women they get, those women are extremely passive.

In that they just stand there & assume if a guy doesn't try to stick it in her ASAP he must not really like her.

I know women like this personally & they actually don't consider a man not trying to cop a feel as hitting on them.

I'm serious here. What I consider some creep full on groping them, they consider being hit on.

I do not want to date someone like that. Their just as bad as strippers when it comes to how many hands have been on their body in a public space.:sick:

Any woman who allows herself to be treated badly isn't that much of a prize. So neither she nor the "alpha male" in this case are exactly something to brag about.

A woman who knows her worth, and a man who knows his worth, will not settle for someone less than equal.

Any woman who allows herself to be treated badly isn't that much of a prize. So neither she nor the "alpha male" in this case are exactly something to brag about.

A woman who knows her worth, and a man who knows his worth, will not settle for someone less than equal.

Try telling that to the guys whining about the women they want not wanting them.

Who the hell wants these women? I know it seems that for some strange reason there is an increase in women who actually like being mistreated but stay away from them. If she likes abuse then she can date abusers.

Who the hell wants these women? I know it seems that for some strange reason there is an increase in women who actually like being mistreated but stay away from them. If she likes abuse then she can date abusers.

I was one of these guys.

These types of women are masters at collecting men.

They are genuinely nice women & fun to be around, but they are truly lonely because even when they are with a guy he doesn't give them much in the way of emotional support.

So when their single they just keep lot's of friend-zoned guys around them.

My lady friends already know better than to try & bilk drinks out of me & some even buy me drinks.

They also know better than to text me for silly crap because I got no interest in that nor do I want to play therapist & i'll tell them "you choose to go out with him & you choose to stay with him the whole time" they don't like that too much but oh, well.

• Author
I was one of these guys.

These types of women are masters at collecting men.

They are genuinely nice women & fun to be around, but they are truly lonely because even when they are with a guy he doesn't give them much in the way of emotional support.

So when their single they just keep lot's of friend-zoned guys around them.

My lady friends already know better than to try & bilk drinks out of me & some even buy me drinks.

They also know better than to text me for silly crap because I got no interest in that nor do I want to play therapist & i'll tell them "you choose to go out with him & you choose to stay with him the whole time" they don't like that too much but oh, well.

I was out at a boating event where this one woman, VERY "nice girl" , mid to late 40's...she's a veterinarian actually. Smart, never married, no kids....the last couple of boyfriends she brought to gatherings, they were a total embarrassment to her or she SHOULD have been ashamed of them.

Friends of her were quite tight lipped, but when they weren't around, they'd say things like "Yeah, she knows how to pick 'em, what an ass".

They even removed him from their friends list on FB after making a scene at events.