Asking a woman in another state on a date, in her state

SalesDude

This isn't your typical long distance dating question (at least I don't think it is).

I work in sales and thus work from home and travel a lot. I currently live in Atlanta, but I have no ties here and can basically move anywhere and still keep my same job.

I recently attended a conference in another city and met a woman who I'd really like to know more about. We hung out for a few hours in a group setting and we got along very well. Unfortunately since this was near the end of the conference we all went our separate ways the very next day. She lives in Connecticut.

My question is: How can I go about asking her on a date without seeming crazy? To me it really is no big deal to fly to Connecticut for a date (thanks frequent flyer miles!) and if things happened to work out well it's not even that big of a deal for me to move there as I can keep my same job and basically live out of a small apartment with not many items anyways.

Any suggestions on how to approach this? I just don't want to freak her out and have her thinking "I only talked to this guy for a few hours and now he's going to travel 1000+ miles to take me on a date????", or have her thinking that there's no point in going on a date since we live so far apart... as it seems like me explaining that I can easily move there would sound even more crazy if we haven't even gone on a date yet.

Any ideas?

• Author
That is take a huge leap of faith for someone you have not even met yet.

I have met her. See my original message. We've met and talked in person but I'm sure at the time she was thinking "I'll probably never see this guy again" since everybody at the conference was from different areas of the country.

• Author
My apologies I skimmed through it. I mean its hard to get to know someone that far away. I wouldn't bring up moving. That would freak her out.

Right. I'm sure it would! On one hand I'm thinking that I can just be bold and tell her I will fly up there for a simple date, but on the other hand I'm thinking maybe I need to act like I'm just "in the neighborhood" for work or something. To me I might as well tell her the truth but again I don't want to freak her our thinking I'm spending thousands of dollars to see her already (when I'm really not).