Please Help

I recently started a weekend job while I’m at college and I met this really nice girl. We only see each other once a week at launch for about half an hour but she always sits by me (I’m on my own) we both started at the same time and I’m one the few males there so she takes preference to me in the canteen then any one else.

We get on really well, we don’t ‘connect’ but we don’t have problems keeping the conversation going. We haven’t moved into any deep conversations yet because we never have long to speak. She is going to a different university to me next year so we would only have the summer together and I’d really like to be with her but I’m not 100% if she likes me or how I can move it up a level and meet up outside of work.

I’ve been doing my homework and she generally seems interested in me because today for example when I was reading she came up behind me and touched me on the other side, she doesn’t this like every week, and I’ve read that when your attracted to someone you tend to find stupid or silly ways just to touch them. Last week I looked into her eyes while talking and her eyes dilated (another sign) She was also fidgeting while we are were talking and playing with her hair. I’m pretty sure I’m getting all the right signs but it’s not all great.

Last week I gave her my e-mail address because I wanted to send her something but she never e-mailed me so I couldn’t send her anything, I wasn’t sure if their meant she wasn’t interested I don’t know but I didn’t mention it today (maybe I should have) should I ask her why not? Also today I found out she said a boyfriend but she kind of made it in to no big deal this is how the convo went.

Me “so do you have a boyfriend then because It must be hard to see him when your are work in the weekends and study in the weekday “

Her “yes but he’s at uni and I hardly ever see him or speak to him”

Me “alright, what’s he studying?”

Her “law”

Me “ahh like you then, is he at the same uni you want to go to”

Her “yes, but I picked in first I’m sure he’s doing it because I am, he always does that”

To me is sounds like their relationship isn’t that strong but it’s hard to tell form a small convo like that. I don’t want her to cheat on him with me even if she likes him but I really like her, she is the only person I have ever meet and enjoyed their company and found attractive. I think she likes me but what do you all think? How can I get her to speak and meet outside of work? How can I get to know her better with deeper conversations?

Thanks for your help.

BTW we both live in the UK and are 18.

Naw, she's taken, if she was looking to cheat with you, you wouldn't know about her boyfriend. Back off, she's looking for the same thing you are--a girlfriend.

• Author

i'm not looking for a bit of fun i really like her and friends is cool with me but how can i help make that grow and i only speak to her from about 30 mins a week. I don't want to know her just because i want to get in her pants or even fancy her (because i don't) there is just this thing we have together when we're talking.