Why would a guy instantly stop talking to a girl?

mearl20

About two months ago, I went out for my friends birthday to some bars and saw a group of guys from my high school. One came up to me and asked if I went to high school with them because they remembered me. The guy who came up to me bought me a drink and we ended up dancing at two different places. We exchanged numbers at the end of the night.

We've been talking since (except recently). We only texted since I go to school an hour away. He texted me pretty much all day and about anything, family, friends, work, school, hobbies, everything. I wasn't sure what he thought about me and if he really was interested, but sometimes he would be flirty, not all the time tho. He would also tell me we would do things together and he couldn't wait to show me around his town. When I asked if he would want to go skiing with me he replied "we will, I have a couple days off each week".

He also told me a couple months ago, around Christmas, his girlfriend broke up with him. He said he was pretty upset still but he has more better days now. He also said he's going to try being by himself for awhile but won't turn down people worth meeting or hanging out with. I told him he never knows who he'll meet and that there are good people out there too, he replied "I think I realized that on Sat. :) I have no doubt about that at all". Saturday was the night we met and danced. So it made me think he might like me.

Later, he invited me to go out to celebrate his nephews birthday. We talked about it and I said I wouldn't have a place to stay and he told me "You can stay here, I promise but you might have to stay in my bed with me so I apologize in advance". I then asked him if he would be ok sharing his bed and he kept telling me it was ok with him if it was ok with me and we wouldn't have to make it weird. He kept saying we didn't have to make it weird, which I really don't know what he meant by that, but he told me it was ok with him and not weird. But I went. We had a drink and saw a bunch of people from high school that I never talked to. He drove me to his place, and we hung out for awhile, played with his dog, had another drink, and talked to his roommates. We then went to his room and he gave me clothes to wear to stay the night, and we started watching a show, he introduced me to and we talked about before. I wasn't sure how he felt about me still but then he put his arm around me and we cuddled a little. We started cuddling more after it was over and he started rubbing my stomach and pulled me towards him, then on top of him and we made out. I pulled away after a little because I wouldn't have sex that easy and right away. I told him I was innocent and he guessed that I'm a virgin. He laughed a little but then went on to say he wasn't innocent and telling me everything he's done, and then he talked about his number and his exes. He told me all about them, esp. the last one where he said she wasn't looking for a serious relationship but he was. We talked about his family too then eventually fell asleep, he cuddled me occasionally. In the morning, he drove me to my car at 6:30 (I had school), told him to text him when I got back and that we'd hang out soon.

After that, he rarely talked to me, with the occasional text about our teams playing each other, and he invited me to his birthday (along with 145 other people on Facebook).

He doesn't talk to me anymore and I keep wondering what I did. I'm confused and kind of hurt, I really started to like him. Why did this guy instantly stop talking to me? Was it because he doesn't want to start another relationship? Or was he using me for emotional support? Or could it be because I'm a virgin and it freaked him out? Thanks!

I think because of his recent break up he didn't want anything serious and was looking to just fool around with you.

You being a virgin puts a dent in his plans because you (most likely) wont sleep with him if it's not in a relationship or love context.

And even if you did - maybe that would make him feel douchy (to have a girl give it up to him when it is just meaningless sex on his part), I dunno...

But good for you for not giving it up so easy :)

If a guy likes you and is interested, he will contact you.

I just think that this guy is just looking for some random fun right now.

Cutiepie1976

You did nothing wrong. He's trying to get over his ex. People can be quite a rollercoaster ride as they try to heal. Personally, I try to avoid getting attached to anyone who is in this state.

It's called rebounding for a reason...BOING...BOING...BOING...all over the place.

About two months ago, I went out for my friends birthday to some bars and saw a group of guys from my high school. One came up to me and asked if I went to high school with them because they remembered me. The guy who came up to me bought me a drink and we ended up dancing at two different places. We exchanged numbers at the end of the night.

We've been talking since (except recently). We only texted since I go to school an hour away. He texted me pretty much all day and about anything, family, friends, work, school, hobbies, everything. I wasn't sure what he thought about me and if he really was interested, but sometimes he would be flirty, not all the time tho. He would also tell me we would do things together and he couldn't wait to show me around his town. When I asked if he would want to go skiing with me he replied "we will, I have a couple days off each week".

He also told me a couple months ago, around Christmas, his girlfriend broke up with him. He said he was pretty upset still but he has more better days now. He also said he's going to try being by himself for awhile but won't turn down people worth meeting or hanging out with. I told him he never knows who he'll meet and that there are good people out there too, he replied "I think I realized that on Sat. :) I have no doubt about that at all". Saturday was the night we met and danced. So it made me think he might like me.

Later, he invited me to go out to celebrate his nephews birthday. We talked about it and I said I wouldn't have a place to stay and he told me "You can stay here, I promise but you might have to stay in my bed with me so I apologize in advance". I then asked him if he would be ok sharing his bed and he kept telling me it was ok with him if it was ok with me and we wouldn't have to make it weird. He kept saying we didn't have to make it weird, which I really don't know what he meant by that, but he told me it was ok with him and not weird. But I went. We had a drink and saw a bunch of people from high school that I never talked to. He drove me to his place, and we hung out for awhile, played with his dog, had another drink, and talked to his roommates. We then went to his room and he gave me clothes to wear to stay the night, and we started watching a show, he introduced me to and we talked about before. I wasn't sure how he felt about me still but then he put his arm around me and we cuddled a little. We started cuddling more after it was over and he started rubbing my stomach and pulled me towards him, then on top of him and we made out. I pulled away after a little because I wouldn't have sex that easy and right away. I told him I was innocent and he guessed that I'm a virgin. He laughed a little but then went on to say he wasn't innocent and telling me everything he's done, and then he talked about his number and his exes. He told me all about them, esp. the last one where he said she wasn't looking for a serious relationship but he was. We talked about his family too then eventually fell asleep, he cuddled me occasionally. In the morning, he drove me to my car at 6:30 (I had school), told him to text him when I got back and that we'd hang out soon.

After that, he rarely talked to me, with the occasional text about our teams playing each other, and he invited me to his birthday (along with 145 other people on Facebook).

He doesn't talk to me anymore and I keep wondering what I did. I'm confused and kind of hurt, I really started to like him. Why did this guy instantly stop talking to me? Was it because he doesn't want to start another relationship? Or was he using me for emotional support? Or could it be because I'm a virgin and it freaked him out? Thanks!

You didn't do anything wrong. You're just not what he is looking for at this particular point in his life. There are lots of guys out there who are looking for committed relationships, so the best thing you can do is move on and try to find one of those guys.