Have i made the right decision in not texting him back?

Susan1234567

Susan1234567

I'll cut a long story short, we are basically both young for a start and both in college. We've been talking for about 8 months straight and texting everyday and i have been at his a few times and vice versa and we've kissed but never done anything sexual. However, he is now taking foreeverrr to text back like it went from every 5 minutes to now being around and hour and a half every text but i know he's not doing anything as he is always tweeting and he is kissing other girls at college parties but always explains how he always regrets it etc etc, like he acts the same way in class as he done when something was happening between us and hasn't changed but i'll for example go home and send a longish text and get a really short one back wayyyy later on at night. So the other day i decided to just text him something small and he text me something small back and i just never replied to it so i was just wondering have i made the right decision in trying to stop text him? I do still like him a bit but it just really annoys me the way he is acting.., sorry it dragged a bit

He sounds 12.

I'd go for the more mature type, myself....

Look, at the risk of sounding very patronising, you're both young...

Don't attach any importance to this.

This is just a kid being a douche.

Leave him be.

The best way to get a male's attention is to pretend that actually, you're not in the slightest bit interested in their attention.

You may find, in a short while, that it's actually true......

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

He's just a young guy and you're a young girl...that generally means he's going to try and flirt and get attention/kiss from random girls that he's into and still hold onto your attention.

You're either going to be one of those girls that does the same or gets hooked on one guy and puts all your eggs into one basket...even though he's kind of getting over it...you're going to just live in the past not the present hoping things can just somehow work out.

I know the 8 months feel like some significant and genuine feelings have been exchanged or maybe you're just interested because you're new at this and 8 mons is a long time for you...but feelings and moments like this can come and go, people like to dabble into the fantasy and build up this grand thing, but the reality is more complicated and well....reality. What you think this is, is not actually what it is...even if you just the guy a little bit.

Don't believe that he regrets it, even if he did he's still continuing the behavior that should be clear to you where he stands. He will likely tell you all those other girls don't mean nothing and you're the special little flower...they all say that, and I know it's hard not to believe but young guys say and do a lot of things they don't mean....or kind of half-mean.

This guy is just going to mess around with you if anything, be careful what you tolerate from guys because they'll test you and give you the minimum but still string you a long. But it doesn't mean they're really interested in you.

So i would tell you to ignore his texts but you probably won't do that....once he figures out you are ignoring him he'll just put in more effort then you'll cave....that's how it usually goes, and then he'll just eventually go back to small talk again, or he'll just try and push for sex and something more out of it. Depends on the guy, he's taking a long time, so he sounds very inexperienced and lacks confidence...which is normal for his age.