Supporting Myself or Supporting the Family

napy666

My friend is seeing this 35 going on 36 year old guy and he's living at home with his mom, sister, and cousin, and him and his sister are bringing in the money. But this guy can't really support my friend if he's supporting his family.

But she wants a guy who can support her and him if they live out on their own in the future. And she doesn't think this is the guy but they've been dating for 4 months now and she is in love with the guy and they're not even a couple officially.

I don't know.

WhatYouWantToHear

I do know: butt out.

You said nothing about her asking you for your advice. So leave it alone. It sounds like you want us to tell you its ok to tell her your opinion of him. Unless she asks, and even if she does ask--don't butt in.

• Author

My friend has been looking for a job with no luck. She did tell me last night that this guy's last girlfriend didn't last so much than maybe 2 years and broke up. But she thinks it was due to him always needing to support his family. His family is always relaying on him not letting him be a man. He's 35-36 and he doesn't even have kids or has gotten married or lived on his own due to his family.