I need to branch out, lost faith in humanity...

its a lifestyle

its a lifestyle

Every girl I know, every girl in my social circle, every girl I've had relationships with, the girl I'm sexing right now, any other potential girl I could get into...

They're ALL THE SAME!!!!

I just this second seen a status on facebook, she said...

"the only way is essex is the best thing to ever be on tele, EVER!"

I can't take it anymore...

Yolo,

hashtags,

spray tanned orange faces,

"that awkward moment when",

OTT make-up,

quote pictures,

duck faces,

sluts,

living for the weekend,

mirror pics

YOLO,

I don't know any NORMAL girls, why is my generation so F'd up?

How can I get myself away from these people?

Where can I meet mini-Kate Middletons instead of mini-Kim Kardashians?

I HATE my social scene... I don't even know how I got here, it never used to be so disconnected from the real world :confused:

• Like 1
Every girl I know, every girl in my social circle, every girl I've had relationships with, the girl I'm sexing right now, any other potential girl I could get into...

They're ALL THE SAME!!!!

Yolo,

hashtags,

OTT make-up,

quote pictures,

duck faces,

sluts,

living for the weekend,

mirror pics

YOLO,

I HATE my social scene... I don't even know how I got here, it never used to be so disconnected from the real world :confused:

Go volunteer at the nearest cancer ward, it'll give you a better perspective.

• Like 1
  • Author
its a lifestyle
Go volunteer at the nearest cancer ward, it'll give you a better perspective.

I believe my perspective is in-check and where I want it to be...

This post isn't about me it's about the girls I know, my social scene.. my generation in general, I can't stand it.. on the outside I passively tolerate it, on the inside absolutely despise it.

My iphone is full of dubstep, rap and house and chart music...

But when I'm in the shower I sing Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird at the top of my voice, and air guitar to Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun...

Edited by its a lifestyle

Sounds like you are late teens (hope...hope...)

I was the same way, couldn't connect with people my age. I always hung with the older crowd.

It seems now at 25, most people my age have caught up to me, which is nice.

• Author
its a lifestyle
Good that you're not ashamed, we've all done it at some point. Sheep are generally the easiest, so I recommend that if you're just starting out. Be careful to always rubber up, you maybe don't mind catching an STD from a human, but you certainly don't want one from an animal. That **** is nasty.

Good luck and have fun!

Took me around 4.5 reads to get it, but I got it in the end :laugh:

Meh, I made peace long ago with the fact that a lot of girls in our generation are into some stupid sh*t :laugh:. In fact - girls are the real nerds as far as I'm concerned :p. I've always liked girls a few years older than myself, most would be 27 and up.

I honestly think it's a demographic thing. I know girls who do very few of the things you listed - there are even a few who do none of those things. If I were you, I would try branching out into different social scenes. I did this when I joined my friends rock band. Not a far step out the zone as I was already a musician, but still a vastly different scene in general. Think about that.

PS - why Kate Middleton? :laugh: Not my style at all......

kiss_andmakeup

How old are you? I know a few girls like this, but not even close to a quarter of my social circle fits this profile. Maybe I'm just lucky and made the right friends.

• Like 1
  • Author
its a lifestyle

PS - why Kate Middleton? :laugh: Not my style at all......

She's classy, natural, elegant, stylish..

She's the opposite of fake, tacky, slutty and spray tanned..

• Like 1
  • Author
its a lifestyle
how old are you? I know a few girls like this, but not even close to a quarter of my social circle fits this profile. Maybe i'm just lucky and made the right friends.

Meh, I bet them royals get down real nasty :lmao:.

Those girls associate with a different class of people.

• Author
its a lifestyle
Meh, I made peace long ago with the fact that a lot of girls in our generation are into some stupid sh*t :laugh:

Nah, I'm not settling for it anymore... sometimes I see girls when I'm out and about and can just tell by the way they dress, groom and carry themselves that they're cool as ice and wouldn't be seen dead in a duck-faced, half naked, spray tanned facebook pic...

I just never find myself associated that kind of girl, but she's what I want...

But you can't actively seek out these things, it comes naturally as life happens...

I can't go out everyday with the intention of meeting a girl like this, maybe one day I'll find myself in the right situation where it passively happens, but leaving the front door with that intention?... That's desperate struggler tackle / PUA arist experiments.. not my thing.

kiss_andmakeup

Maybe that's the difference I guess (I'm 25), but who knows. Wait for them to grow out of it...? Sorry, wish I had more advice.

You could also try branching out in terms of your activities. I always recommend volunteering. I've volunteered for an animal rescue for over 7 years and it's literally all women, many of whom are under 30.

• Like 1

A lot of girls your age will be immature. Some of the attention seeking behavior is inexorably tied to age/immaturity... even some women with generally good perspective fall prey to that.

Not all will be immature; and not all will demonstrate any of what you are concerned about.

But a lot. Look for those that aren't... volunteering is a great way to meet those with a better perspective.

Many will mature as they get older.

Some won't. For some, what they latch onto will just change. (It's not all age.) However, you have a choice how much you are involved with those people. They might be your coworkers, your neighbors, what have you - but not your friends.

They're ALL THE SAME!!!!

Yolo,

hashtags,

OTT make-up,

quote pictures,

duck faces,

sluts,

living for the weekend,

mirror pics

YOLO,

Completely agree. I feel this way about men alot. They all seem to be the same, even the ones that seem different once you get to know them.

I find not meeting people at bars, clubs and the gym helped alot. And being very picky online

Also... you absolutely can influence with whom you find yourself associated. Do not do the activities that they do (say, go out to get drunk) and do not keep them as your friends. It makes people who feel as you do wary of you. Be the type of person you want to attract. That's not desperate. That's reasonable.

• Author
its a lifestyle
They might be your coworkers, your neighbors, what have you - but not your friends.

That's the thing.. they are my friends, my entire social circle is this tacky disconnected sub-culture of lunatics...

The girl I'm sexing at the moment, we were both each others firsts at 15, been close friends for a long time, she's exactly what I'm describing...

Won't leave the house without make-up on, watches TOWIE, Geordie shore and made in chelsea RELIGIOUSLY.. 1000 facebook pictures of her posing in the mirror... you get the idea,

And when I sit and think about it, these are the only types of girls I know/am associated with... I personally don't know one girl who isn't just like this.

Nah, I'm not settling for it anymore... sometimes I see girls when I'm out and about and can just tell by the way they dress, groom and carry themselves that they're cool as ice and wouldn't be seen dead in a duck-faced, half naked, spray tanned facebook pic...

Didn't say anything about settling :p. I said I made peace with it. So what do you do when you see these girls who are "cool as ice"? And why exactly do you think that they would be any better than those duck-faced, stupid bitches on facebook? Because I gotta tell you - looks can be VERY deceiving :laugh:. You'll find that one out soon enough......

I just never find myself associated that kind of girl, but she's what I want...

But you can't actively seek out these things, it comes naturally as life happens...

I can't go out everyday with the intention of meeting a girl like this, maybe one day I'll find myself in the right situation where it passively happens, but leaving the front door with that intention?... That's desperate struggler tackle / PUA arist experiments.. not my thing.

Who says you have to do it for girls? I expanded my social scene because of more than girls. I have missions in life, that will evidently take me towards more people in general. An expected side effect will be that there will be certain types of women there as a single man, so I take that into consideration.

That's how you "find yourself in the right situation" ;).

Have some respect and leave them be. No one's forcing you to date these women. Also, why have them on Facebook if you clearly don't like them? Just have a full life, and have your eyes open and eventually you'll cross paths with someone compatible.

That's the thing.. they are my friends, my entire social circle is this tacky disconnected sub-culture of lunatics...

The girl I'm sexing at the moment, we were both each others firsts at 15, been close friends for a long time, she's exactly what I'm describing...

Won't leave the house without make-up on, watches TOWIE, Geordie shore and made in chelsea RELIGIOUSLY.. 1000 facebook pictures of her posing in the mirror... you get the idea,

And when I sit and think about it, these are the only types of girls I know/am associated with... I personally don't know one girl who isn't just like this.

That is your problem. If that is the scene you put yourself in, that is who you will meet. And those who dislike that scene, will dislike you.

Using the term "sexing" won't help, either. ;)

You have to be a gentleman if you really want a lady, as far as I can figure.

Edited by runningfar
  • Like 2
ScreamingTrees

Weren't you talking about how frat boys pretty much win at life? I'm assuming that's the group you affiliate with, then? You're probably just as classless as the duck faced oompa loompas, that might be why you're not having any luck with the girls that you want? They might be naturally repelled.

• Like 2