Overprotective Parents...

nicolas465

Hey guys,

soo if you've read any of my other threads u know i was trying to get the guts to takl to this girl... and when i did for some odd reason i felt so comfotable around her and wasn't nervous at all :D but i'm friends w/her friend by some freak accident and she said that the girl i like's parents are very... err strict about boys and dating...

i know i can always re-frase the question to 'wanna hang out' but still what if the parents dont even like guys hanging out w/their daugher... any way to get around or through that barrier?

thanks

nic

reasontosigh

Try a group outing. I realize you may want to talk to her one-on-one, but her parents may freak out a little less if it's a group of both guys and girls involved. Especially if its chaperoned. You'll find an opportunity in there somewhere.

i think, just like the girl you like, my parents are protective to about these things. my advice is... just play it cool. don't be something you're not and when you meet the parents, just be mature and responsible. don't be fake or overly serious about the situation.

also, don't worry so much! :-) usually the parents won't be rough on you (mostly the daughter.)

group activities are great (and probably would be a nice start until you are comfortable with the whole parent situtation)

and when you guys do go out... i wouldn't try anything stupid (even though you don't seem like the type that would)! you might want to hold on to their trust! :-)