I Contacted My Ex After 3 Months of No Contact

John089

Hi everyone. So I dated my ex girlfriend for nearly 2 years. Most of the relationship was long distance, but we did live together for almost half a year and everything worked out fine. By the end of the relationship, we were long distance at 6 hours apart going to different colleges. The relationship ended because certain things changed that I was not thrilled about. After trying to reason with her about the changes and her not budging, I decided it was time to end the relationship about 4 months ago. We talked on and off for about a month afterward and I tried my hardest to rekindle the relationship, but she kept saying she was not ready yet. Finally we both decided that being in contact was only hindering us from concentrating on other priorities and we both agreed to stop talking to each other. She did, however, say that she would contact me again soon. I think at the time I wanted closure because I thought she just wanted to get out there and test the waters. I never really got closure and have held on to the hope of hearing from her again ever since. Last night I finally decided to break no contact. There was no negativity in my message. I basically told her that I missed her and have held onto that hope for a while now. I also said I may just be seeking closure, but I have thought about her every day and I hope she and her family are well. She replied to me the next day. She said that it's hard to see a message from me in her inbox and that she will definitely respond later. She is at work at the moment and said she doesn't want to become emotional in front of her other workers. She just wanted to reply now so I don't go crazy thinking she just read and ignored my message since the website shows that she read it. I feel a little confused by this message she replied with. What should I think of this? Thanks for reading.

Quest4_TheLost

Your over anylizing.. When she does reply your head just might explode? She replied right away. Its obvious she dosen't want you to think she is ignoring you in anyway. I'm not sure how you can perceive this message as confusing?

Calm down and breeeeath!!

wardeassociates

So, after almost three months of no contact, my ex contacts me out of nowhere, just to say he's "really sorry about the way he treated me an that it was messed up." I just replied "it's alright, its the past, no problem." The conversation ended with him just saying "ok".