I have begun to develop feelings for him.

DollWelch

And I'm scared. The chemistry is unbelievable; he wants me just as bad as I do him, if not more. But I'm not ready. I don't like risks.

He lives quite a few miles away; he knows that he can't be with me. Maybe it is not meant to be.

I don't know if walking away from him is for the best -emotionally, psychologically, and romantically. But at the same time if I don't pursue this, I'll always be thinking "What If?".

I would say go for it, unless the guy is abusive. I still think about guys from way back, that I could have done more, and I still have regrets. There's nothing worse than feeling sad about someone and the "what if's".

• Author

Thank you for the reply, Leegh.

I do want to go for it, but I am not one to take risks. I feel vulnerable in this situation, and I am trying my best to hide it because I don't like being exposed when I am dating a man. I feel naked.

I don't want to be taken for a ride either. How do I know he isn't playing games with me? How do I know this is real?

I am searching for some kind of validation, even though I have never met him, nor touched him, nor been on a date with him.

I don't want to get hurt -and if it means pushing him away, then so be it. I am having a hard time just letting go and going with the flow.

Amidst one conversation, he and I decided that we would try to meet some time in December. Though there is no guarantee he will follow through with this -though he did say he wanted to prove me wrong when I said I had doubts.

This is a blur.

Why is your message so cryptic? I get the impression you're not telling the full story. Why can't he be with you? Or does he just not want to be with you badly enough to relocate? You also seem to have found the answer to your problem on your own when you stated "I don't want to get hurt -and if it means pushing him away, then so be it."

Edited by xdahliax

You are too frightened to meet a real person who lives near you, that's why you're corresponding with someone who is far away.

I'd say step back and examine your phobia.

So long as you can keep your fantasies in check, then, keep in touch with him ... and, yes, meet!