Friend or potential boyfriend?

noonynicky

At times, I really don't know what the heck are we?

Since the start of the year, we have been going out one to one about every other week. More often than not, the outings are really fun. We can laugh together, play PC games, watch movies and do things on special dates - indepedance day, birthday, etc.

Recently, development has been as follows:

1. She gives me a nick name.

2. Touchy feely, i.e., a few secs front to front hug. (No make out or further).

3. Offered to give me lifts from the airport when I come back from trips.

4. She bakes stuff for me to eat.

5. Lots of lunch and dinner at nice restaurants.

6. Said "I Miss You" twice on SMS.

Small kink though. We don't SMS that often. Like once in three days and very brief at that, i.e., "Hope your day went fine." I am okay with this as I not quite a SMS person.

To make things even more confusing, sometimes I myself don't know what I want. I am shifting between these three: 1. Do nothing and let things develop naturally. 2. Dial it up between me and her. 3. Perpetually date and remain at this state. Don't do "the talk."

Can someone clear my mind and guide me to the next best action in the interest of the girl? Specifically, some perspective on what she thinks about me.

P.S.: My ideal couple is Ross and Rachel is F.R.I.E.N.D.S!

(Additional if you are patient) Small detail about myself for context:

I probably will not go through the fling stage. The next relationship I go into will need to have the hopes of marriage. I would say I am a nice guy but not a Nice guy. That is, I give lifts, I buy gifts and I hear the girl speak. Nonetheless, with regards more to life than girls specifically, I feel I am confident, flamboyant and class. Put differently, I dance with girls but only like to kiss my girlfriend. I work in an investment bank and am graduated from an Ivy league school.

As a female, I'd say she is interested. I am generally "nice" to everyone but I surely wouldn't send texts like, or bake things or be touchy with someone I didn't like. So, talk to her about it. OR if you feel more comfortable, for now, just dial up your flirting and see how she responds. Maybe try asking her out to something for just both of you to do

yeah it sounds like you guys interact as boyfriend/girlfriend but without the sexual aspect. and you've been doing this since january?! yowza. Why haven't you made a move...dang...could be too late but I'd go for it.