I don't know what to do

nicolas465

hi guys,

I've been dating my gf for 6 months now. She's a really great girl, totaly devoted I know she'd never want to hurt me. Yet... I don't lover her, and I know she loves me. I feel terrible what I'm doing to her, she calls faithfully everynight to talk to me which is awsome.. but i feel nothing... i don't even feel anything when i'm out w/my freinds haveing a good time.. i'm totaly emotionless. I want to break up with her because i know she can find someone that will see her all the time ( i can't because i'm busy with school, my job, and extracurricular activities). I just dont' know how to break up with me, she wrote me a letter today that said that she doesn't want to break up and that she'll always love me... I know how it feels to have your first love and i know how terrible it is when that person doesn't return the love or dumps you... I honestly dont' want to hurt her... and at the same moment right now her parents are splitting up... this is soo bad for her... i don't know what to do... i don't think she can handle both me and her father leaving her.

Please any suggestions... i dont' want to drag this on... it's too cruel and it's tearing me up

-nic

I'm sorry, I don't really have any suggestions for you....but I just wanted to write and tell you that you're obviously a very kind, considerate guy and I was impressed to read just how much you're stopping to consider your girlfriend's feelings....for stopping to take the time to realize that bit about her father and you leaving her. Many guys would just say "screw it, I'm outta here" and just move on. You're obviously trying to spare her feelings and that's very admirable. Hopefully some others reading will be able to give you some good suggestions.

I was in the same position that this girl your talking about is in. I was still in the process of dealing with my

parents seperation and had found someone I loved. Only problem was he didn't feel the same way about me, in

the least. I took him telling me he wanted to be friends extremely hard. I was in a state of depression for 2

years, but what you have to understand is that it wasn't his fault/ or yours. He didn't have those feelings for

me and it would have been more wrong for him to string me along and then in the end I find out that he never

wanted to be with me in the first place. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I want you to know that I made it

through it and if I were to speak to him I would tell him thank-you because he made me stronger. If I made it

through that situation I know I can make it through anything. Its better that you tell her now before she gets

more attached and it hurts worse, but once you break up with her don't make her think she has a chance by still

speaking to her. Give her time to heal and if you want to be friends then that'll be fine. I hope this helps.