Two Things Women Like

WonderKid

Me and a friend of mine were discussing about dating. He's stuck on this theory that if you have a car and money women will most likely be tuned into dating you. What do you people think? Ladies?

If you met a guy with money and cars would you go with him over the guy who struggles, but keeps going. Takes the bus to work and work everyday?

A woman's loyalty is tested when a man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

Oh, no question. If you have money you are in, especially if you have big money.

I have money, and they can smell it a mile away (maybe two miles) but I don't give them a penny of it.

The simple fact you have success in life will better your odds tremendously. The trick is, never give them a dime, yet they still come around. It's like catnip.

I wouldn't want either unless you showed me the rest of the package. Was happy for years dating someone who didn't make much or have any kind of status.

It is something a lot of people enjoy, though. Do you blame them? Money, status, beauty, talent...

• Like 2

Pretty silly if you live in a city like New York or San Francisco where a lot of very eligible people don't need to bother with cars...

I've dated in such cities where meeting up a restaurant or coffee house occurs all the time; no way to know if either party has a car!

• Like 3
udolipixie

I think your friend's theory of car and money equates to a turn on is applicable for some gals.

I'd go with the guy with money and cars over the guy who struggles as I don't see a reason for myself to be with someone who is struggling.

• Author

Well I shouldn't have said struggling. But grinding days out. But I kinda figure women would go for the guy who's financially established already. Yet I've seen in many ways the guys treat them bad. Because he'll feel he can just 'buy' another woman. Guys love power and women like security. I think it's natural.

Not saying the blue collar guy is perfect. But if he met an amazing woman he'd probably do anything to keep her.

For me, I don't have a car or money out the waves. But if I did, and I found a woman who was less fortunate and didn't have a car and worked a common job; if she was nice and good personality, I'd try and lift her up. Build her up and help her get to the next level. I'd expect us to support eachother. But that's just me.

• Like 1
freetolove

I don't judge just on money because a lot has to do with chemistry, does the person care about me etc. From the two options, I'd rather date someone more stable though because if I had an emergency, I need someone to come help me .

freetolove

I find the men who are secure and have done well actually do make better partners sometimes because they are more responsible. not every broke guy is bad and either is every wealthy guy.

freetolove

so your motive is just to string women along? I'm actually quite curious about this. I always thought that men made money to take care of himself and his family. I make money to take care of myself and share with people I care about.

lospantalonsfancie
so your motive is just to string women along? I'm actually quite curious about this. I always thought that men made money to take care of himself and his family. I make money to take care of myself and share with people I care about.

Are you suggesting theres anything wrong with him stringing along a chick who is only after his money? Seems to me such a chick is fair game. Shes out to steal his money and exploit him. If he manages to **** her without giving her a dime, then hes just beating her at her own game. Seems fair to me...

I find it ironic that a lot of the men who are secure and well off on their own are the same ones who are participating in the strike. :cool:

Me and a friend of mine were discussing about dating. He's stuck on this theory that if you have a car and money women will most likely be tuned into dating you. What do you people think? Ladies?

If you met a guy with money and cars would you go with him over the guy who struggles, but keeps going. Takes the bus to work and work everyday?

A woman's loyalty is tested when a man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

Well, he will get women ... that's for sure.

Your friend either does very well in getting laid or he doesn't get laid at all.

hmm i do notice i get more women since i have a car and money, probably because they think my car is nice...

usually its younger girls that hit on me, like highschool, but im 21 so i dont deal with that. I guess a more mature women would see past that

mesmerized

I agree with the second part but not the first part...A lot of the women who cheat are actually the ones who have wealthy husbands/boyfriends but the guy lacks other fun things.

RedDevil66

Depends on what /which women you ask! If you ask a 20, 30, 40 + yrs old, you will get different answers.

As a 46 yr old woman, I will not date a poor guy without a car. Why, cause I'm not about driving him everywhere and lending him money. He doesn't have to be rich in any sense of the term, but have his own money, yes!

If I were 20 yrs old, I could care less.

When I lived in Palo Alto (near Stanford), I tried Match.com. I tried a test, one situation where I didn't list my income, and the other where I listed my income and said I had an MBA from Stanford (which is true - and is known to be very lucrative - which it is). Note, that these are only very small components of the online profile and didn't really impact anything in terms of how I communicated my personality, etc...at best this information is buried in the profile (although income is a search criteria).

Simply with those changes, the number of women contacting me easily increased by a factor of 5...it was likely a factor of 10. Many of these were gold diggers, but you got a surprising number of very successful women writing (i.e. lawyers, MBAs, MDs, with $200k+ income), who wanted some one as successful as they were. As such, success/wealth substantially adds to the pool - you get the bad (i.e. gold diggers), and some very amazing people that only surface if you have essentially proved you're amazing.

• Author

Well being the cruel gentleman I am. I would probably string a woman along and then tell her about herself. Just to be funny. But I wouldn't make a habit out of it. And I think age probably does have a difference in this say. Me personally, I am starting to like older women because they don't look for that.

My friend does get action, but he also gets hurt a lot I can see it. He has a factory job. And we live in a town where you will me the same person more than 10 times. So as soon as he got a car the girls came calling. But I can honestly say the girls he was with didn't look much into him. Now he is being a player. And recently he played a girl that I think was very legit and could have been with him long term. I think he really messed that up.

He always tells me: "Dude, chicks dig cars and money. That's it. You could get any chick with a car really. They don't care as long as they get a ride."

I don't listen to him, but since this is an interesting forum I always like to get others' insights on things like this. Lol

He has to accept me with my graduate student loan debt and be responsible with the money he does have. Since I'm 41, I would hope he makes more than $50K annually. Anything less than that means he's still financially struggling and with my student loan debt, we'd be in financial misery. I'm not a gold digger, but I'd like my guy to be happy and financially stable with his life. My ideal guy is middle class to upper middle class.

• Author
Depends on what /which women you ask! If you ask a 20, 30, 40 + yrs old, you will get different answers.

As a 46 yr old woman, I will not date a poor guy without a car. Why, cause I'm not about driving him everywhere and lending him money. He doesn't have to be rich in any sense of the term, but have his own money, yes!

If I were 20 yrs old, I could care less.

Well you're a 46 years young woman, I could understand how you feel completely. But if it was me, and at 22, I wouldn't ask you for a dime. I wouldn't even ask for a ride. If you call and want to see me I'll take the bus/train. And if you came to see me, I wouldn't let you leave without gas money. If you picked me up anywhere I would give you gas money because I would appreciate that. And despite not having a good job and poor, working odd jobs, I'd still pay for our date.

I'm not saying go and date a guy who is a bum and pisses everything away. But after dating many men as successful as you are--and you ran into a guy who nowhere isn't, but works very hard and still has a drive to succeed in life, would you date him?

And I am not trying to step on anyone's thoughts and opinions I just like to see everyone's thoughts on things. :)

• Author
He has to accept me with my graduate student loan debt and be responsible with the money he does have. Since I'm 41, I would hope he makes more than $50K annually. Anything less than that means he's still financially struggling and with my student loan debt, we'd be in financial misery. I'm not a gold digger, but I'd like my guy to be happy and financially stable with his life. My ideal guy is middle class to upper middle class.

Can't really argue with that huh? So no lower-class blue collar guy for you! Lol

My mom said to me money can tear people apart quicker than they know. It can change them. That's why I say currency is the Devil's greatest weapon.

what if he owns a $400k home outright, his car outright, has big savings and retirement but makes $49k a year?

:p Well as long as he's financially conservative, doesn't gamble with his money then I would make an exception. :p Obviously life isn't black and white but I need to have guidelines to work from, you know?

Can't really argue with that huh? So no lower-class blue collar guy for you! Lol

My mom said to me money can tear people apart quicker than they know. It can change them. That's why I say currency is the Devil's greatest weapon.

:D Well, it's my ideal range just because of my student debt. :p I sound like such a hypocrite when I have a huge amount of student debt. But...your mom is correct and I want to be with someone who makes enough money where it wouldn't be an issue with us like, are we going to lose the house if I make a student loan payment, for example. I don't want to be put in that kind of situation with my future husband.

• Like 1
say he is. theres more to it than just salary which you do see. so many women demand huge salaries but they overlook the rest

I agree that there's more involved than just being fiscally conservative. But like I said, I can't be with a man whose salary is not stable income for two people. I don't want to be put in the position where I have to default on my student loan repayments so that we don't lose our house. I know a married couple who went through that and they came close to legal separation because of the stress. I don't demand a huge salary but I do want to live comfortably.

Mr Scorpio

He always tells me: "Dude, chicks dig cars and money. That's it. You could get any chick with a car really. They don't care as long as they get a ride."

I don't listen to him, but since this is an interesting forum I always like to get others' insights on things like this. Lol

Unless you want to be more specific, the theory is utter nonsense. Driving a beatup 1995 Honda Civic thru downtown Grand Rapids is not going to get you any "action". Now maybe if you live somewhere in the sticks?

• Author

I think it's natural women want security. And men want power. Having fear of losing that financial security and struggling in the dust can be fearful.