Is this a sexual text message that is expecting a sexual response?

PhillyDude

PhillyDude

I got this text this morning from someone I been talking to I met online but from the look of it, it seems like she is expecting some sort of sexual reply

"I just ended a 14 hour day. I walked up my steps, "undressed" took a long hot shower and didn't even dry off-lol Slipped in an afgan and stretched out on my shag rug. I was so tired-lol"

Now I know most guys with lots of experience would know how to respond to that but I have no clue. So any suggestions? I don't get texts like this that often

It's likely a test to see if you are the average undesirable who is going to make everything sexual. Would advise ignoring all sexual connotation in your reply. In your shoes I'd say something like "I have an afghan/quilt my granny made and crawling under it has potent magic powers after a long day." Off the top of my head, but you get the idea. Let overtness be -their- idea and you will go far.

• Like 1

haha - make a comment like "hmmm, will I get to feel that shag rug " :p

is this the same woman from Linked?

• Author
PhillyDude
haha - make a comment like "hmmm, will I get to feel that shag rug " :p

is this the same woman from Linked?

Oh no, by the way I called that women at home that night from linkedin and she was all business and basically was a 24 hour carrer coach. So we talked for 45 mins but the convo stayed in a business tone.

• Author
PhillyDude
btw - her talk is not very good sexual kinda talk - its almost boring.

So it sounds like she is making an attempt to be naughty but is not doing a good job?

Oh no, by the way I called that women at home that night from linkedin and she was all business and basically was a 24 hour carrer coach. So we talked for 45 mins but the convo stayed in a business tone.

Oh, I'm kinda surprised! but hey at least she helped career/business wise, - and now you got a whole other lady distraction.

Everything worked out :)

So it sounds like she is making an attempt to be naughty but is not doing a good job?

Kind of - IMO - but I'm not a guy, maybe her talk gave you some kind of visual and worked for you - we're all different.

threebyfate

If you're not interested in her just send back:

*it rubs on the lotion*

If she's even got one tiny spark of intelligence (a stretch based on the awkwardness of the sext), she won't contact you again.

On the otherhand, if she's really dumb, her response will be "lol" or "lmao".

• Like 1

LOL, to quibble, it's "It puts the lotion on its skin," and have actually used that line before with the right woman with the right sense of humor with mutually excellent results. But that's texting 400 level, and not general advice for OP.

Honestly, I’m so clueless sometimes when it comes to male responses. I can see myself saying something like she did without meaning for it to be sexual in ANY way, and then getting offended when the guy takes it somewhere sexual.

She may have just been trying to convey how incredibly tired she was.

Honestly, I’m so clueless sometimes when it comes to male responses. I can see myself saying something like she did without meaning for it to be sexual in ANY way, and then getting offended when the guy takes it somewhere sexual.

This is how I would have interpreted it.

I wouldn't respond to that in any sexual manner whatsoever.

• Author
PhillyDude

But couldn't she have done that without letting me know she was walking around naked?

You could say something like 'shag' rug... adjective or verb? ;) It's sexual, but a little smarter than the average sexual response, and without taking the bait and saying you'd like to rub her down or something

But that might only work with british slang.

Otherwise like dasein said, best not to bite on this one.

other responses:

"...and then ????...."

"That's cool! Walking up the steps is a great form of exercise ESPECIALLY after have a 14 hour day. Not only does it keep your blood pumping, but it is an effective cardio workout and cool down exercise. An alternative might be to jog up the steps, or take them two at a time which could effectively double the caloric burn during the movement. This can open up your system to be more receptive to a hearty evening meal made up of mostly steamed vegetables and soy milk. You could do some crunches on your shag rug while you are down there, rounding out your exercise for the evening, leaving you tired and ready for a good solid night's sleep."

"...hey that reminds me of my mother....."

"if you are naked and wet laying on the floor, you could catch cold!!!"

"Funny!! I did the EXACT SAME THING not 5 minutes ago!"

other responses:

"...and then ????...."

"That's cool! Walking up the steps is a great form of exercise ESPECIALLY after have a 14 hour day. Not only does it keep your blood pumping, but it is an effective cardio workout and cool down exercise. An alternative might be to jog up the steps, or take them two at a time which could effectively double the caloric burn during the movement. This can open up your system to be more receptive to a hearty evening meal made up of mostly steamed vegetables and soy milk. You could do some crunches on your shag rug while you are down there, rounding out your exercise for the evening, leaving you tired and ready for a good solid night's sleep."

"...hey that reminds me of my mother....."

"if you are naked and wet laying on the floor, you could catch cold!!!"

"Funny!! I did the EXACT SAME THING not 5 minutes ago!"

........ha!

umm that is a weird text.

"WTF?"

I have no idea if she's trying to be sexy or what, but it comes off as very...odd.

Stellar Wench
I got this text this morning from someone I been talking to I met online but from the look of it, it seems like she is expecting some sort of sexual reply

"I just ended a 14 hour day. I walked up my steps, "undressed" took a long hot shower and didn't even dry off-lol Slipped in an afgan and stretched out on my shag rug. I was so tired-lol"

Now I know most guys with lots of experience would know how to respond to that but I have no clue. So any suggestions? I don't get texts like this that often

Take it whatever way you want to take it. Do not tailor your response to fit some mold.

FWIW, I did not take it as a sexual reply.