Talking about escalation windows and comebacks

GetTheClou

Friend of mine called today, here is the situation:

he dated a woman and they hit it off pretty good. She offered an obvious escalation window on the 4th date where she kissed him but he for whatever reason failed (told me he was emotionally overwhelmed). 5th date things went cold, 2 cold facebook messages afterwards, 1 week silence. She came back to him though, messages, phone calls and 2 more dates where she was warm again and stuff but offered no window and was a bit reluctant.

My opinion: she is hurt because she pretty much offered herself on a plate. The fact that she got back to him after a week shows that she is still interested. The 2 dates after the return show "hey I'll give you one more shot, but dont fail me this time".

I told him to meet her in person as soon as possible (maybe next week) without coming across needy, tell her that he knows his mistake and ****ing go in for the kiss.

expected outcome?

january2011

In the interim, she may have been evaluating another prospect who didn't quite work out and thus she's returned to your friend.

I don't know what the expected outcome is. He's just going to have to go for the kiss and play it by ear.