Too shy to ask about the status of our relationship!

girliegurl66

Please help, I am in need of some advice. I have been seeing this guy for about 2 months now, and I think we both like each other. We haven't even talked about us, and how we feel about each other. I guess we are both shy and just waiting for one of us to break the ice. I really want to tell him but I am very afraid and scared, and don't know what he will say. Please help me break the ice and give me advice on what to say or do please!!!

OK, try this:

"Hi. You seem really nice, and I thought it would be cool to get to know you a little more. Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?" Memorize it if you need to. Substitute soda pop if need be. Say enough times to be able to say it well, and go for it!

Very simple. Not pushy. You'll go somewhere while it is light (so therefore less "scary" for either of you). Pretty low stakes - if you guys do not click, even 2 large lattes are going to be $10 max.

I have in earlier years, been approached and asked out by a woman, and it was very cool. I was flattered, and the times we had were fun. I saw it as the nicest compliment.

As a side note, most of us guys wrestle with this issue on a constant basis. That is why for me, it was a nice reversal.