Why do they jump into another relationship when they say they want to be single?

shocked_confused

shocked_confused

Heyy just a quick question here:

I have an ex that broke up with me almost 1.5 years ago. We had been together 5.5 years. He had moved across the country and he stated that he just wanted to live the single life and do some exploring. About 4-5 months later i found out that he was in a serious relationship with a girl and she had moved in with him.

I'm long over him now, but I was just wondering why people say they want to be single and "experience life" only to get tied down to someone else and move in with them months later? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the breakup?

I've had friends who have been through similar situations and it always boggles my mind! What are your thoughts?

FrustratedStandards

They just say they want to be single as a nice way to let you down. In this case, what he meant was "I want a to be with someone else".

• Like 1

He knew you weren't "the one". He wanted to explore to see if he could find a better match.

He was letting you down easy.

• Like 1

It sucks when you have to dump a partner that hasn't really done anything wrong, making up a story to spare their feelings is the least you can do.

• Like 1
It sucks when you have to dump a partner that hasn't really done anything wrong, making up a story to spare their feelings is the least you can do.

That's exactly what that is.

Ha! I'm that unfortunate partner. She says she doesn't a boyfriend and wants to be single. She insisted there won't be anyone else but i guess it's her way of saying she can do better than me or find a better match. Sad story.

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

Why are your minds so boggled? ever heard of something called an excuse.

It's all to spare you guys your feelings, so you make up some whacky excuses and feed you bull**** that you go "Well, it wasn't really me...nothings wrong with me, It was just him".

Fact of the matter is these guys weren't on your emotional level so they had to abandon ship and move on to greener pastures.

Anything other than "I don't feel the same way for you" is pretty much a lie or an excuse, or maybe even some half-truths in there, but the bottom line It's the emotions or lack thereof that make a man leave.

Now do you see how much more sense that makes, rather than trying to wrap your mind around all the things men want you to believe? the truth is clear and simple, everything else is not.

• Like 1
Eddie Edirol

Its because most people lie when they break up with you. Its not really to spare your feelings, its to avoid the begging. When you tell someone exactly why you lost your attraction to them, they want to change it, but dont understand why its too late. So instead you tell them things to make them go away quickly and easily, painlessly for you. Otherwise they bug you no end.

• Like 1
They just say they want to be single as a nice way to let you down. In this case, what he meant was "I want a to be with someone else".

You hit the nail on the head.

It's like every woman who handed me some excuse of just getting out of a horrible RL and such. The translation was "I'm not into you, but I don't have the guts to tell you the truth."