Winterfest Dance, Crush Problem, How Do I Tell if He Likes Me?

DreamDancer1801

DreamDancer1801

[font=times new roman][/font][color=black][/color] I like this guy Michael. I was online last night and he was on and we got to talking, we talked about how he liked this girl and she didn't like him back. I told him the he was an awesome person and I didn't see how anyone couldn't like him. Then we started talking about if anyone liked me and he told me that he didn't know anyone who did, but that I was very pretty, nice, and cool.

Later on i asked him if he wanted to go to the winterfest dance with me; Iwould of asked him in person but i thought he would say no and i didnt want to be humiliated. He told me that he would be out of town, but he wished that he could go with me. He then asked me why I didn't go with this guy Arthur who has liked me for a long time, and I told him that I could go with Arthur, but I was really looking foward to going with him. He then said he was so sorry that he couldn't go again, and then we got offline.

Some days he comes up to me and hugs me and he's like hows it been, i havent talked to you in forever. One day last week Arthur was saying that my hair looked like crap (only in a nicer way) and Michael was like "well i think its very attractive!" and then he came over and gave me a hug and he started rubbing it in Arthur's face that i gave him a hug and not Arthur.

Then other times he just acts like im not there and like ill talk to him in the hallway and say "hey Michael" and he'll be like "whats up?" and then get all quiet and just keep walking, which is really weird because usually he is an outspoken person.

My question is, how do I tell if he likes me or not-besides obviously asking him? He is a senior and I am a sophmore in high school and we are both in the Wind Ensemble, and he is in my band class and my religions class, so we spend a lot of time around eachother, and I don't want things to suddenly get weird if I tell him I like him and he freaks out or tells me that he doesn't like me. What should I do?

He likes you, but he's just a teenager and is still shy about showing or perhaps even feeling affection.

DON'T ever ask someone if he (or she) likes you unless you want to take the risk of hearing "No". Just say, "I had fun talking to you yesterday." Then he can say either "Oh?" or "Me too, we should talk more often!!"

I wouldn't take the hallway brushoffs too seriously now. Just let him know through your actions that you're friendlier and more attentive when he is the same way with you. And don't expect him to be fawning over you when he's being observed by the high school power people. It's like expecting a mouse to stroll through the meadow oblivious to the hawk screaming down from the blue.

• 1 month later...
JetScooterSteve

I have to agree with SoleMate on this. He may be a outspoken person to his friends but to u its like a whole other thing because he doesnt want to screw up your relationship/friendship with him.