She says she just wants to be good friends

thr1986

So I'm 25, met a girl about a month ago and we both liked eachother. We have mutual friends who have told me that she definitely liked me, and I felt the same. It has always seemed like she was open to coming over late or inviting me over late, but when it came to me asking her out for a drink or something where the two of us would be together alone she seemed to always have an excuse. But she has invited me over to watch a movie, ect many times, which I did....

Most recently, this past week I asked her out for drinks Monday, and of course she could not come. Then tuesday she invited me out with her to a concert, however I could not go so she ended up bringing a friend of hers. Wednesday I was out with friends for drinks and invited her, she came and everything went well I thought. We parted ways after the leaving the bar and I went home. when I got home I get a text from her inviting me over to stay the night but I politely texted her back saying that I could not come over because I had work early but that we could definitely do something over the weekend. Thursday night I am out with friends and I run into her, we talked a little bit but not a whole lot as I had a lot of friends there and so did she and we were both involved in other conversations. However, I did talk to her briefly a couple of times and I did go out of my way to say goodbye to her when I left. Friday I get a text message from her saying

"I'm really sorry I was being kinda standoffish last night. I'm hoping we can just be good friends from here on out..."

Why would she do this? It seems like she liked me. Its so strange...

You turned down her offer of sex. If you are still interested you should reply that you were hoping to be more than just good friends with her but if that is what she wants, you will respect her decision. Then it will be up to her.