He called after 3 weeks of silence?

Lolaem

I dated this guy for 2 months and he was going through a lot(family issues). He said even though all this was happening he still wanted to work it out if I wanted too and I agreed. 4 days later we had a misunderstanding and he said we would finish talking about it later! He never called or responded to my calls for 3 weeks to work it out so I chalked it up to: I've been dumped! Now I was beginning to get over it when he calls me saying his old phone got disconnected and he couldn't reach me since he doesn't have my email and I'm not on Facebook! I asked him if we had broken it off or not(stupid i know but I had to know)he said I thought we were past that and I thought you'd be upset. I told him I was miffed but why is calling me after this long to dump me again? So what is this? He said I can call or text him if I want to talk but my friends said I shouldn't, I should let him pursue if he wants to be with me! I had been willing to fight for us but he blew me off! I'm trying to get in med school and had decided to lay off relationships so I can concentrate on school but I liked him enough to make time for him. What should I do?

Drop him. He was seeing someone else or he is the kind of person who tries to 'teach you' not to disagree with him because he cuts contact otherwise.

I'm scratching my head over his excuse about the disconnected phone. How did he somehow magically get your phone number again?

If I had a disagreement with my boyfriend after two months of dating and my phone disappeared, I'd send him a letter or drop a note at his house. He knew where you lived, right?

The excuse seems flimsy and insulting to me. It sounds like he's trying to weasel back in.