female coworkers said at some point in a relationship you have to change

PhillyDude

I been going out with this girl for 2months and she is a person who likes to socially drink and dance and I'm the opposite. So my female coworkers are saying that if I continue to be with her I will have to dance at some point and eventually drink.

Is this true? During our date last night she mentioned dancing again and I haven't reached the irritation point yet but it maybe possible if she continues to get me to dance. Has anyone changed once they met someone? I haven't danced at all in my life and I refused to believe that a woman is going to change that.

I'm from Philly and I love to dance. But I don't force my boyfriend to go with me though. But he chooses to go and I try not to make it too hard on him.

One thing to keep in mind about Philly is clubs close at 2 pm, unless it's an afterhours like Voyeur. If you go out at midnight, you are only out for a couple of hours. Also, most people don't dance the whole time. They talk and socialize too although it's loud.

Unless your girlfriend is into velvet rope stuff like G Lounge, I don't think you'll have a bad time dancing. Philly dance venues are pretty much bars with dance floors. I recommend Fluid as your first dancing experience. It's a casual, hoodie crowd and not pretentious at all. Silk City is top 40 and kind of stupid, but it's fun and you can eat at the diner attached to it. Even people who hate dancing, love Silk City.

I'm sorry to get so specific about Philly venues, but Philly dancing is so low key. I think you should go dancing with her just to see what it's like.

During our date last night she mentioned dancing again and I haven't reached the irritation point yet but it maybe possible if she continues to get me to dance. Has anyone changed once they met someone? I haven't danced at all in my life and I refused to believe that a woman is going to change that.

If you've never done it then why don't you go, once, to try it? Try to have an open mind about enjoying it. If you enjoy it then that's great. If you don't enjoy it then when she asks in future you can remind her of the time that you went dancing with her and didn't really enjoy it.

Also, I assume you're talking about night club dancing, rather than ballroom. If that's the case I assure you that no skill or prior experience is required, and nobody will give a damn what you look like while you're dancing (except your girl, who already likes you). If you can jump up and down on the spot then you already have all the necessary skills to dance at a night club!

Try it, maybe have one drink, or you dont have to even have an alcoholic drink, just get a coke or something.

I'm not a dancer, though once in a while, if I'm seeing someone who likes to dance, I'll go dance with them just for them. Relationships are about sacrifices and I enjoyed doing it once in a while because THEY enjoyed doing it, so it made me happy to do something they like to do.

I'm wondering if she's asking you to dance with her because of the feeling it will give her to be dancing with her boyfriend. Us ladies get romantic notions in our heads all the time. She could also be asking because she wants to dance with a guy and respects you enough to not just start dancing with some random guy. But even that isn't the same as dancing with your BF.

Dancing can be so much fun. I'd say give it a whirl, you might have a good time. :)

I disagree with your co-workers about the drinking though. I am semi-dating someone who does not drink, we go out to bars, he does not drink and I don't even suggest it to him. He has his reasons for not doing so, which I respect, and if he doesn't want to, that is his choice. His not drinking does not make him less of the person he is.

Edited by manders_01