Why Most Foreign Student Women prefer Foreign frie

quietGuy13

quietGuy13

They prefer to just be friends with their foreign classmates.

And they're not even interested in making american friends even though they come to AMerica.

I think for them PEOPLE and CULTURE are not really important, maybe it's just a fad to be in another country even if they don't make American friends.

Cause i've tried to be friends with lots of foreign girls, and they always ignore me. Meanwhile they have a bunch of foreign friends(classmates from their english class)

I don't know about you, but if i went to Asia..like China or whatever, I would try to make Chinese friends too.

I talked to this girl somewhere, we had a nice little conversation. She gave me her facebook name. I sent her a message, she sent one message. Thereafter she ignored me and never replied.

Just today i found her in another picture of another foreign student's facebook page. Seems they're friends. and in the picture that girl i met in the bus stop....( WHO IGNORED ME) was there all happy with like 7 foreign friends.

So fine she's ignoring me because she doesn't need me , she has a bunch of frends already. So why not just say it.. Why they keep me feeling like useless piece of crap.

I recently found another foreign friend through facebook(initial contact was in facebook) and she also thinks it's stupid how many foreign students studying in America just stay with themselves , with their friends of their same country and they don't even practice english. they don't like english, thus they don't like Americans or to be friends with them.

I'm gonna meet with her soon in real life!!! :p

But she seems to be rare.

Most of the girls i've met, always ignore me. And they just have foreign friends.

It's partially just because it's easier.

I mean, it sounds exciting to go to a foreign country, and your intention may (or may not be, who knows?) to meet new and exciting people from the country you are visiting. But then you get there, and the exotic adventure fast becomes a scary scene as culture shock sets in. In all the unfamiliarity, you want a piece of home, so you do that with the friends you choose.

I've noticed this with a lot of the international students at my university also. They tend to hang out with their own. To outsiders like myself it seems kinda mean and self-segregating...but then I thought about it. I realized that due to my personality (I'm definitely an introvert), placed in a land where everything is unfamiliar, I'd probably choose friends of a similar culture too unless I constantly reminded myself why I came to said country in the first place.

• Author
quietGuy13

That's interesting. I'm the opposite, if i went to another country i would feel good making friends from that country.

maybe that's cause i'm already used to it( i often try to make foreign friends , have some online foreign friends, i study some foreign languages, i know and study some foreign cultures)

maybe i'm kinda multicultural, even though i'm american and even though i don't really meet that many people cause i'm shy. but everytime when i've met foreign asian people, if they're nice to me(which is not often as you've seen) we end up being good friends.

so for me, I would feel no fear making friends from that country. I'm weird, i feel more fear making friends from my coutnry. hehehehe.

Untouchable_Fire

I'm gonna meet with her soon in real life!!! :p

But she seems to be rare.

Most of the girls i've met, always ignore me. And they just have foreign friends.

[/left]

Maybe you come across as a creepy guy.

My GF is a foreign student. I met her while she was doing some community service at the hospital.

I asked her out twice and was shot down. I did get her chatting with my via email and then instant messenger. After 3 months I asked again and she let me take her on a date.

I've learned she was very nervous because she felt like she didn't speak English well enough to date anyone. I would say this is the #1 issue among foreign student girls. Also... many of the American guys who hit on them are straight dirtbags!

Star Gazer

I don't think she's ignoring you because you're American.

Your behavior, as described, comes across a little weird, and may make a foreigner (as well as many Americans) uncomfortable.

Sounds like you're FB stalking her and her friends. :o