Obsessive?

Jadestone

I've been dating this guy for two months now. Things started off with a bang. We were seeing each other every night. Something skipped a beat though, and I can't seem to get on track.

Before him and I started dating, I was single for only about 2 mos from a 2 year r/ship. He's probably been out of a r/ship for 6 mos before we started dating. I think things got a little off track due to some insecurities that we are both dealing with. He actually seems a little more cautious than me.

Regardless- I really like him, and I have never gotten along with a guy this well before. We are very compatible.

This weirdness has been going down for two weeks. The first week we didn't see each other as frequently due to an issue that we seemed to iron out, and we didn't see each other at all last wk bc he was very sick.

I started to detach a little bit bc I was tired of feeling anxious to see him again. I didn't want to push him to see me, so I just focussed on my life.

Saw him last night. It was amazing, but now that anxious feeling is back.

I still want to see him as frequently as we did the first few wks, but he doesn't seem to be on the same level.

I don't want to make the same mistakes from my past, this is all new territory to me. I am very independent, but when I like to spend considerable time w my SO.

How do I approach this so that he wants to hang out more frequently. From our talks he seems very interested in me, and when he was over last night- my heart told me to trust the feeling I was getting in the moment.

I am doing my best to stay out of my head- but old habits die hard.

• Author

I am very understanding of the fact that he was sick, but it isn't helping the thoughts that he just might not be interested.