Boyfriend lied to me

samantharae

samantharae

My boyfriend of 2 years and I had gotten into a small fight the night before, and when I woke up the next morning I went to check my facebook. His account was still logged-in from days before when he had used my computer, and I saw that he had messaged 2 girls saying "hey", just an hour after he hung up the phone after our fight.

I then called him and asked him a couple of times if he had been talking to any other girls on facebook or otherwise the night before, and he kept saying "no". I then admitted to knowing the truth.

He says hes sorry, it didn't mean anything, but I still don't get why he lied if it was something as stupid as a "hi"? It makes me wonder what else he lies about, and what else he is keeping from me. Should I just let it go or should i be worried?

Are you the jealous type? I don't see how saying 'hi' to a girl on facebook is even worthy of an interrogation. But it would explain why he lied to you about it.

Enchanted Girl

Forgive him this time. Let it drop because it wasn't a big deal. He didn't actually hit on either of these two girls. Most guys lie about little things on occasion in relationships because they are scared of getting into trouble, even if they genuinely didn't do anything. If he starts lying about big things though or you find that he is hitting on these girls, then you have reason to be concerned.

I have many female friends on facebook...doesn't mean I'm sleeping with them.

If I got into a fight with my GF, I'd hit up my female friends for advice, and how to understand what you're going through.

I know he could very well be cheating...but if ANY girl were to interrogate me or get all crazy jealous because I have other female friends, she'll find herself single again very quick.

WhisperinnWinds

If it was as simple as 'hi,' maybe it just didn't register. Who knows how many others he sent messages? Were these girls already his friends on there? You have to learn to pick your battles - and 'hi' to someone else isn't one of them. If you continue this behavior, he will soon lie about everything to avoid getting grilled.

youngskywalker

Personally, if I found my g/f's facebook account open I would just close it. I see that as an invasion of privacy. Not saying you were wrong. Maybe it's different when you've been with them for 2 years like you have, or had a fight or have reason to be suspicious. I'd be mad if my g/f lurked through my facebook even though there is nothing there for her to find. Maybe that's it though, I know there is nothing there and would wonder why she doesn't trust me.

Yeah I would say that it is no big deal. Does he need to justify to you every interaction he has with a every female on the planet? No guy with his twig-and-berries intact is going to care to explain himself that way. That also is actully what expecting him to say yes to your question entails.

youngskywalker
Yeah I would say that it is no big deal. Does he need to justify to you every interaction he has with a every female on the planet? No guy with his twig-and-berries intact is going to care to explain himself that way. That also is actully what expecting him to say yes to your question entails.

Agree. With my current g/f I have to put up with her 'guy' friends. Luckily, most of them are gay so it helps my conscience. I think the OP has blown this way out of proportion.

OP, what if you said hi to a guy on facebook and your b/f flipped out on you? I suspect you'd be writing a post on love shack saying: he's just jealous and doesn't trust me. It's a two way street.

There is an element of trust in any good relationship. Casual interaction with members of the opposite sex is going to happen! If you don't have trust in the person then then it's time to move on.