Broke up last yesterday, she texts me today

rs.dallaire

rs.dallaire

I was FWB with this girl for a while and things seemed really good. We were open about seeing other people, things were cool.

Then she started to come more often, she had her toothbrush here and said this was the most normal relationship she's had in a long time. I thought the same too. She would always come to me for moral support and it really felt like a real relationship.

And then she started seeing another guy pretty regularly and it made me uncomfortable.

I told her I was probably more attached than I'd care to admit. The damage was done. She freaked out and now she only wants to be friends without benefits. That was yesterday.

She went on a one-week trip with her mom this morning. Before she left, she texted me to say that she'll miss me and that she hopes we can be friends. I said I miss her too , to which she replied that she'll be right over as soon as she comes back.

What to do?

What to do?

See other people. Supposedly that was okay when you were still getting the Benefits, so it's definitely okay now.

• Author
rs.dallaire
See other people. Supposedly that was okay when you were still getting the Benefits, so it's definitely okay now.

Thanks. I hope we can somehow reconcile. I wonder why she was so prompt to say she misses me, whether I'm being played. And of all the people she could see when she comes back, she already asked to see me.

Thanks. I hope we can somehow reconcile. I wonder why she was so prompt to say she misses me, whether I'm being played. And of all the people she could see when she comes back, she already asked to see me.

You are. She's stringing you along in case it doesn't work out with the other guy.

You are. She's stringing you along in case it doesn't work out with the other guy.

That or she is waffling between what she really wants. The freak out was a gut reaction.

Do you want to wait around to see how this pans out or do you want an unambiguous relationship as soon as possible? I would recommend not doing the FWB anymore if it is the latter. I would recommend not going down the same road with the former. You'll need to be firm. She might be hoping to resume what you had as if you never confessed to her.

mr.dream merchant

Cut her off. Don't let her come over. Tell her it's either all or nothing, and if she can't do the former then she can bother that other guy. She's playing the field, you need to hit a homerun and tell her so long.

youngskywalker

Just keep banging her and disrespecting her. If you make her feel like dirt then she'll come around and love you for it. It's what she needs. Obviously she doesn't have too much self respect or she wouldn't be in a FWB relationship anyway. Take it for what it is... you were her sex toy and now you want to change the game? Share her with other men or move on to a more decent and respectful woman. Thats the bottom line.

• Author
rs.dallaire
That or she is waffling between what she really wants. The freak out was a gut reaction.

Do you want to wait around to see how this pans out or do you want an unambiguous relationship as soon as possible? I would recommend not doing the FWB anymore if it is the latter. I would recommend not going down the same road with the former. You'll need to be firm. She might be hoping to resume what you had as if you never confessed to her.

Yeah although it made me feel like crap at times to be FWB I kinda miss her being around. I agree we should not go down the same road again. She texted me again this week. I'm getting weak...

• Author
rs.dallaire
Just keep banging her and disrespecting her. If you make her feel like dirt then she'll come around and love you for it. It's what she needs. Obviously she doesn't have too much self respect or she wouldn't be in a FWB relationship anyway. Take it for what it is... you were her sex toy and now you want to change the game? Share her with other men or move on to a more decent and respectful woman. Thats the bottom line.

Thanks for your advice. I agree about finding a more decent and respectful woman but I've also been unable to hold a normal relationship other than with this girl. Maybe because it was FWB after all.