Overcoming fear?

leah_kely

I think I'm going crazy. :) I met this guy a few months ago. Well I think it's been much longer, but we've only been talking for a few months. I asked him out in July, and we finally got our schedules to go together and went out in September. I know it was a long wait. This weekend about 3 weeks after our first date we went out again.

Over the past few weeks I've just been feeling that maybe he was leading me on. But now after this recent date, I feel differently. I feel like he is sincerely interested in me. In fact he's given me the impression that he's probably going to stick around for a while. :) And while I know I should be really excited about that, I now find myself terrified. I guess I'm so use to guys basically disappearing right away, that I kinda don't know what to do. I feel panicky when I think about it. Am I going crazy? Or is this a normal way for people to feel?

I REALLY like the guy. I am so afraid that I am going to do something to mess things up. I mean I just put a posting asking about making the first move a couple of days ago, but I am deathly afraid of making a move, and scaring him off. But at the same time, I'm kind of afraid that if I don't make a move he'll get bored and leave.

I don't know what to do. I guess my fear is getting the best of me. :eek: Has anyone else ever felt this way? If so, how did you overcome it?

VASH THE STAMPEDE

Be your self,he seems to enjoy you for who you are so don't get all worried about nothing.He'll probably make the first move,has he shown a great interest in you that makes you feel like he wants to be with you?I'm just curious.

• Author

I don't know if this is showing interest, but he's just made comments that show that he's going to be around in a few months. I mean he wants me to help him study when he gets back to school. He said that even after I told him I failed a couple of classes. I'm extremely bad at reading any signs that guys give if they like me. I really wouldn't know unless they came out and said it.