How do you know when you may of found "THE ONE"?

TiGeRs

I feel real strong about this person & i know they feel the same about me. And it's not just the attraction it's soo much more than that. For example, we were gonna eat with some of our friends. The people i was w' showed up late, so it was just this guy and two of my girl friends. So once i got there they both told me that Brad had been talking about me & saying all this sweet stuff. I'm not sure exactly everything he said yet b'c i didn't want him to realize they were telling me right in front of him. So they're gonna tell me later. One thing he said was that I really like her, she's beautiful, i really respect her, & theres more than an attraction. Are these some signs that maybe this could be more, EVENTUALLY (later on), than just a b'f g'f relationship that lasts less than a year? WHAT R SOME SIGNS THAT ALLOW U TO KNOW YOU'VE FOUND "THE ONE"?

or...am I just making too much out of a good relationship..?

For starters, I believe that “the one” is nothing more than a myth. It is fostered in society through the media. The reality is that you are compatible with many different people.

One thing he said was that I really like her, she's beautiful, i really respect her, & theres more than an attraction.
How about an erotic sexual fantasy?

Seriously. Do you even know what love is?

VASH THE STAMPEDE

I would have to fully disagree with you blockhead,it not brought about through the media or anything of that sort.

I think is more of a emotional balance of feeling between two people,knowing that your partner will be there for you emotionally and be a very caring individual toward your opinions and choices you make.

All I could tell TiGeRs is ,only time will tell. :)

Think about it in this way. The emotions experienced with “love at first sight” are designed by nature to increase the chances of pairing. Those emotions can lead to real love, but they will always fade with time.

than just a b'f g'f relationship that lasts less than a year
I think the main problem would have to be a lack of maturity.

The search for “the one” is a red herring.

i have dated my girlfriend for some time now and i love her with all my heart and i wanna be with her for the rest of my life and marry her and have children with her and grow old with her...

love at first sight is bull****!!! love is the strongest emotion ever!!! it can not bloom on first sight or even overnight

love takes a while to bloom... and the time depends on the amount together... me and my girl first dated and we were seing each other often cos it was holidays and we talked for 7 to 8 hours a night for the first month... thats why i fell in love with her after 3-4 weeks!!! but somenoe else will probably take longer

theres no such thing as true love either... just like what the person before sed... you can love anyone...

just like how i sed before... i am completely compatible with her... i enjoy being with her... i love lying down next to her patting her hair... but i know that if we broke up... then its not the end of the world... it may feel like the end but i know that in time i'll find someone just like her or better or a little bit less but u know the idea.......

all the relationship needs is trust, comfort, safety, security, love, sacrifice, time, decent moral values (dont turn a hoe into a housewife) and a great sex life and it would work out n be together... and the most important thing a good relationship needs is arguement!!! people give up after bad fights... but no matter what (unless u cheated)... NEVER GIVE UP AN ARGUEMENT!!! the closer an arguement gets you to breaking up... and you resolve it... then the stronger you two become!!! there is no couple that doesnt argue or didnt argue... me and my girl used to have arguements on a weekly basis for a few months... until the mother of all arguements happened.. and i honestly believed that it may be the end... but you never give up unless you know 110% u cant do anything about it... anyways we resolved it and its been 2 months since and we havnt argued since :D

all the relationship needs is trust, comfort, safety, security, love, sacrifice, time, decent moral values (dont turn a hoe into a housewife) and a great sex life and it would work out n be together.
Believe it or not, real love actually requires effort.

I agree that “love at sight” is baloney because that isn’t real love.

I agree that arguments are healthy for a relationship. Arguing is one way to deal with a problem before it festers into something worse.

we talked for 7 to 8 hours a night for the first month
WOW! I have trouble with 15 minutes of small talk.
LOL, You make it sound like we're in the wild,nature and pairing.

We are. We aren't all that far away from when that's exactly what we were. Nature instils the urge to procreate in every life form and we are not exempt.

quote:we talked for 7 to 8 hours a night for the first month

WOW! I have trouble with 15 minutes of small talk.

I have friends with whom I regularly spend hours on the phone. Very little of it is small talk.

2SidestoStories
theres no such thing as true love either...

I feel quite strongly about this, but before I jump to conclusions, I would ask you to define "true love."

I always get confused with these sort of things. I don't know what "love at first sight" entails, but i do know love through eye sight. LOL

For instance, jon and i get this intence feeling when we look into each others eyes. I mean realy look, like shareing souls, if that makes sence. It makes us yearn for each other. It's lessend now with time, but i still feel it.

as for true love, i belive in it, what i don't belive is it comes only once and you can't get it again. I have mentioned the young man i was truely in love with in highschool. he stirred fealings in me and emotions he sparked me to no end. It was crazzy mad love, like i had only felt vaguely for another. That is true love to me, a feeling of absolute i've had verry few opportunities to feal.

In the end i think these terms are all up for interpretation. But that's just me.

Vixen :bunny:

Originally posted by vixen

I always get confused with these sort of things. I don't know what "love at first sight" entails, but i do know love through eye sight. LOL

For instance, jon and i get this intence feeling when we look into each others eyes. I mean realy look, like shareing souls, if that makes sence. It makes us yearn for each other. It's lessend now with time, but i still feel it.

as for true love, i belive in it, what i don't belive is it comes only once and you can't get it again. I have mentioned the young man i was truely in love with in highschool. he stirred fealings in me and emotions he sparked me to no end. It was crazzy mad love, like i had only felt vaguely for another. That is true love to me, a feeling of absolute i've had verry few opportunities to feal.

In the end i think these terms are all up for interpretation. But that's just me.

Vixen :bunny:

Got Dictionary?

yes i'm part horrible speller part typo extreamist, can we not dwell childishly on my lesser qualities ok?

Vixen :mad: