I wished my ex gf a happy birthday....

JTMCMG

Ok before i ask a question, lemme sum this story up. I dated her for 2.5 years and we broke up almost a year ago. Didnt talk for a few months until i decided i missed her and wanted her back. But she didnt wanna go again so i ended up hurt after a few months of us just texting. So i stopped contact back in september and didnt say a word until last night after midnight came around to wish her a happy birthday.

I thought she would ignore it but i got a message back and it said "thanks, i actually really appreciate that. How've you been?". Keep in mind, we stopped talking on bad terms so to see those words as the first thing she says just baffled me. And now were having a small FB convo because of it.

Now my questions are, why did i get a positive response?, what could this possibly mean?, i still have feelings for her so what should i do?

Any response/feedback/opinions greatly appreciated

SweetDaphne

I'd take it as she appreciates you made the gesture to wish her a Happy Birthday, but nothing more. She already told you she didn't want more and was probably just being nice/considerate in responding. You've already been hurt before, I'd avoid getting into anything that'll just bring around the same pain again. Please take her message as a friendly message - but nothing more.

• Author
I'd take it as she appreciates you made the gesture to wish her a Happy Birthday, but nothing more. She already told you she didn't want more and was probably just being nice/considerate in responding. You've already been hurt before, I'd avoid getting into anything that'll just bring around the same pain again. Please take her message as a friendly message - but nothing more.

Well yea I have accepted the fact, but she actually sent me a friend request on Facebook. What's that all about? I'm just confused at what she's trying to do

DollyGirl12

I wouldn't read alot in to it. It may just be that she has moved on to the point of being able to be casual friends with you. If that is all she wants, and you are hoping for more, then you may end up setting yourself back in your recovery.

• Author
I wouldn't read alot in to it. It may just be that she has moved on to the point of being able to be casual friends with you. If that is all she wants, and you are hoping for more, then you may end up setting yourself back in your recovery.

I'm not expecting anything more than that, I just found it strange that out of the blue she's talking to me as if we never were on bad terms. But thanks though.

She must have reached the point where the emotions of the 'bad terms' breakup have died down, and shes ready to just have normal friendly interactions. That takes a few months.

ReturnToSender
I'm not expecting anything more than that, I just found it strange that out of the blue she's talking to me as if we never were on bad terms. But thanks though.

Its not exactly out of the blue...you contacted her first, wishing her a happy bday, shes responded back graciously, and perhaps thinks that because you were friendly enough to wish her a happy bday, that its possible for you two to be on friendly terms.

But that you are questioning her intentions (when she didnt contact you out out of the blue...you contacted her) and the underlying questions you have...Id say tht you are not ready to be on friendly terms with her and it would be better to go back to NC. This way, you dont end up getting hurt again...