My boyfriend doesn't seem very interested in spending time with me?

Ella45

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years, and last year I moved about 165 miles away, but we decided to stay together. We see eachother about 2-3 weekends a month, during the week days I have school and work and he has school. He came to visit me this weekend, after not seeing eachother for 3 weeks (I had to work weekends and my best friend's birthday was one of the weekends so I went to visit her). We had originally planned for him to stay until Sunday, until I realized that he could stay until Monday morning without a problem, but he refused. It'd not have interfered with anything, and I have not been feeling that well so it'd been nice to have him here. He claimed he felt really guilty but he still wouldn't stay.

The other weird thing is that I said I'd like to come visit him next weekend, since we haven't been seeing eachother that much lately. He didn't exactly seem thrilled, and said "sure, only if you want to."

Also, last month I called him on a Thursday morning saying my night class was canceled and I had a coupon to our favorite (expensive) restaurant, which expired that day, and asked if he could come that day instead of the next day. That time, he also wasn't interested in visiting me although he had nothing planned. In fact, he always comes Friday afternoons instead of Thursdays, simply because he doesn't "like driving in the dark." This makes no sense to me, because when I first moved he always drove to see me Thursday nights. Not a huge deal, but that he would not come that particular day was strange.

I hope I don't seem clingy here, these are just 3 examples to show that he doesn't seem interested in spending all that much time with me. Yet, I know he does not want to break up because he often talks about how he can't wait until we move out together, and he wants us to eventually get married. I doubt he is seeing anyone else, as he has only had one other girlfriend besides me and is in no way the flirty type.

I get that after 3 years time without eachother is normal, but before I moved we hung out pretty much everyday and now we already only see eachother twice a month.