Boyfriend never texts me first

jess1990

Its probably because you text him TOO MUCH and he's not a big texter. Back off the texts for a while. Plus if you feel unappreciated, it aint just because of the texts.

• Author

Well he treats me good and is almost always willing to spend time with me. I just feel like since I have to text him first at the start of the day and before we go to bed it feels like he doesn't want me.

Many guys (subconsciously) hate texting and/or don't take that form of communication very seriously. But that doesn't mean that they don't take you seriously.

Face to face time is more personal and facial expressions and tone of voice can prevent a lot of misunderstandings. Personally I would want to invest more in that time than texting.

Edited by Nexus One
Well he treats me good and is almost always willing to spend time with me. I just feel like since I have to text him first at the start of the day and before we go to bed it feels like he doesn't want me.

Sounds like you have some insecurities about the relationship that go beyond him just texting you first. Does he seem distant when you spend time together? Does he call you at all? My husband hates talking on the phone so he usually texts me. Not like crazy texting, but sometimes.

I would suggest looking at his behavior when you are together and how he treats you. If he is cold and distant, then something could be wrong. If he is sweet and loving, then he may just hate texting. Personally I'm not a big fan of it, I have freinds who refuse to ever talk on the phone, they just type out huge long text messages and it's extremely annoying.

• Author

Too much sex? No. He is just always glued to his blackberry yet he won't text me. I brought it up to him and he said he would get rid of the phone all together if it caused me problems and I don't want him to do that I just don't know why he can't text me first.

Thats your ego doing that Jess. if you practice not texting him in the morning and at night, you will eventually see that you dont need to actually do this every day. I know I dont need to text or call my SO in the morning or at bedtime, texting is annoying and making it a routine makes it meaningless. What you really should say is that you need him to show you that he wants you in the morning and at before bed because youre insecure about your relationship. If you realize that you dont really need these texts then you arent insecure, but if you still feel you do, then you need to get to the bottom of your insecurity.

Whether it's 'wrong' or not, it's how you feel. I was seeing this guy who wouldn't text me either. After a few days of no-contact I'd always be the one texting him. And you know - that's a real self-esteem shredder. If you're unhappy with something, you should figure out what you need to be happy, and maybe it isn't this guy. Just a thought.