When people flaunt their so-called wealth

irc333

I dunno, I guess I'm not in greatest of spirits tonight. A couple of days a go, a friend of mine on FB had a friend I thought looked familiar to me....apparently, I had met her though a network of friends as an aquaintence, but never officially introduced myself to her.

She was kinda cute actually, so I emailed her, and she replied back to me with who she was and what she did, and asked that I add her on FB, and said she'd be in town for a few days visiting and had some time off.

Even gave me her number (without asking)

I call her up a few days later. I found out that she's one of those knock-off YTP travel MLM's and she is apparently making a lucrative living selling vacation packages to other reps , or some kind facation Multi Level Marketing thing.

Me, I'm working a typical, satsifactory job making a fair amount of money, enough to live on.

I tell her what I do, and she says, "Wow, you do that? I bet you make pretty good money in it, right?"

This turned me off, trying to fish at how much money I make. And I use the typical vague reply of, "Make enough to pay the bills" or some canned response.

I guess when I said that she still assumed I wasn't making the kind of money I should be making.....she goes on how she'll be in my area and that one of the clients she's dealing with is paying for her nice resort hotel room. She owns 3 homes in 3 different states, and rakes in 40K a MONTH in sales.

Well good for you, honey.

Then she drones on about how she's looking for a man with drive an ambition (at least enough ambition to rake in 40K a month like her, right)

Then I felt like I was being lectured, that I even though I make the money I do know, I could do SO much better! She'd go, "Well, haven't you tried this or this?"

I didn't want to get lectured, but it apparently seemed to be what she's doing.

I was wondering if she was giving me a sales pitch or a lecture of how I could be much more successful if I really tried hard enough.

Well maybe that's how I choose to live, okay hon? Perhaps I'm satisfied with where I am, eh? But people like her don't see how I could possilby be satisfied.

Then all of a sudden she said she might not be able to meet up with me when she's in town (when she was pushing for it), and that she had family to visit and she was bringing her "would be" boyfriend with her, she keeps the boyfriend on the downlow apparently.

Wow , she was ready to meet me, and after the lecture/sales pitch, and the attempt to make me feel bad about my current situation....guess she as dissappointed. LOL

I am very uncomfortable talking about money in general and find it a turn-off when people talk about how much they make and or worst, ask about how much you make.

I think she was trying to either sell you or recruit you to her business and concluded that you were probably not interested and withdrew. Sales people are annoying, but somebody's gotta do it.