Single and Lonely, meet a guy and panic

carocarocaroooo

carocarocaroooo

Hi All

To give you alll a very quick brief, i had a loooong 8 year relationship with an ex who died from alcohol related illness (we were split at the time). That was 2 years ago now and i've found myself wishing i had someone to love me again and thinking that i am ready to settle down then i meet someone who would give me that and i panic and find myself comparing him to a guy mate i have who is recently out of a relationship himself and has said he's not ready for heavy.

Is it just the thrill of the chase that i like or the fear of getting into something again, i think i am ready for something but i'm just so scared and confused.

Why do i put those who could be perfect for me at the bottom of the pile in almost favour of those who aren't really the ideal?

The guy i was 'seeing' makes me laugh and is exciting, the chase is there though i know it won't go anywhere ultimately as he can be a eejit sometimes etc.

The guy i have met and liked for sometime is great warm, caring attractive kind yet i just can't let myself go to him. Problem is he works on my floor, though has agreed to keeping whatever is going on or may go on between us private due to work and my personal reasons

What does all this mean, am i just being stupid, scared or am i just plain not ready. I really want to be someone's other just on my terms i.e 3 - 4 nights per week, no lovey mushy stuff, fun, excitement and fulfillment.

HELP!!!