Sanity Check: FWB... w/ a Coworker

ConflictedGuy27

ConflictedGuy27

suicidal?

she's blonde, 29.

has this amazingly sexy gaze. (deep green eyes).

took her to lunch a few times last year.

always very suggestive when we're 1-on-1 and via text.

husband divorced her; she cheated, but seems sane.

mentioned in Dec: doesn't want a bf, "just dating & having fun."

reminded me about 15 mins ago, "we need do dinner this month."

I am definitely quitting my job in 12/2011.

I definitely need my income up till that point.

oh yeah, I'd so hit that -- like pull out all the stops hit that.

just looking for a quick sanity check.

I'm thinking take her out, show her a good time, subtlety hint at the FWB idea (obviously not in those words), and go from there.

we all know the danger; whatever. I think it'll work. and if I get to some type of agreement before revving things up, all the better, right? I know which head I'm thinking with, so yeah...

sanity check please.

How closely do you work together? As in, you have to say hi to each other every day? Or, you work really closely together on lots of high stress projects?

Basically, if all goes to hell, how much would you have to interact with her, and how?

• Author
ConflictedGuy27
How closely do you work together? As in, you have to say hi to each other every day? Or, you work really closely together on lots of high stress projects?

Basically, if all goes to hell, how much would you have to interact with her, and how?

short answer: not much.

we work in different departments; same floor. her office is about 200 feet from mine, but she's off site quite a bit.

hmm... if all goes to hell... ignoring her is feasible. we've sat in the same meeting maybe once in 2 years. I work with her boss a lot though.

let me add - I have been fortunate enough, in my short, 28 years of existence, to have never been the target of a woman scorned. I doubt I can truly anticipate the damage one of those could do in this situation.

I guess there's one thing... there's a woman in accounting (who's cube is maybe 50 feet from the blonde's office) that I'm seeing. I have not slept with her (accountant), but we have gone out after hours, & made out. (btw, pass on seeing that Jonny Depp & Angelina Jolie flick, the Tourist...)

these two girls are not friends. they rarely talk and are in different departments too; despite the close quarters.

I was with you and thinking it could work, even it it hits the fan. But when you said you have/are dating another woman in the office, I've gotta say don't do it. You don't want to become that guy...not good for your rep at the company.

• Author
ConflictedGuy27
Then again, why not?

RF

indeed. I decided to move forward with the plan -- which i've conveniently christened "operation solfeggio" <-- mission accomplished if I can get her to scream do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do... not necessarily in that order (and words containing those letters in that order count).

all jokes aside, I should be able to manage this. the accountant is a slower paced conservative kind of girl next door type (she's also anti Facebook).

blondie seems way faster paced. if blonde revs up faster and overtakes accountant for the lead, I'll just stick with blondie -- especially if we can forge some sort of verbal agreement where it's a no strings attached deal (a man can dream), in which case, I could go back to accountant.

wish me God speed, people.

Only thing bad is how it would impact work.

Other than that, you want to play, she wants to play, if playing is all there is, who cares if she's a cheater?

Good luck man.

it will be tears before bedtime. you have to stay until December you say, this FWB thing will inevitably go t*ts up and will jeopardise your finances.