Distant boyfriend

nichole.mcgraw

nichole.mcgraw

I've been off and on with this guy for 5 years. He finally told me that he loved me. We've been living together for a month and a half now and he's been distant from day one. He keeps saying that he's not used to living with a girl. (he was the one who suggested living together by the way) Or he just needs some space. He keeps saying that he's not going to just give up easily and I know he loves me, but how long should this go on for? What should I do? I can't really talk to him about it because I already have and he's a guy so hates talking about it. Keeps telling me not to worry, but he won't tell me where he's going or anything! He wants to get a dog... Last night I told him that we should wait. When he asked what for, I answered that I wanted to feel more included in his life. This just frustrated him so I dropped it. Not sure how to handle this????

Edited by nichole.mcgraw

It sounds like he wants to be together but is feeling a little overwhelmed. And perhaps you are feeling a little insecure?

You can't be a part of his life every single second and he shouldn't have to report to you on all his actions. There still needs to be personal space. If there is trust, this shouldn't be a problem.