Turn-offs?

ecm

I am curious to know what are some of your turn- offs in a relationship? I'm not really interested in physical things (I don't want people's feelings getting hurt for things they maybe can't change). I'm talking about behavioral/ things people do/ say/ etc. This might be tricky. For me, certain things a person does who you DON'T really like would be annoying, while they might NOT be annoying if you're crazy about the person.

I'll start. :)

#1) someone who is a p*ssy- One of the guys I've been talking to proceeded to tell me for an hour about how his ex made him give her all of his passwords to all of his accounts. I asked him how long he stayed with her....7 months?!

#2) talking about exes another one I'm talking to also likes to talk about his most recent ex. He says how he would never go back to her and that she is kinda of trashy, but they are still friends. He told me how she calls him every day and even read me a card she sent him. I am ok with talking about exes if it pertains to certain behaviors, issues, etc. But the other day, I said "too bad you're working or I would have made you dinner". he came back with "BLAHBLAH used to tell me that too" Is that unneccessary or is it just me??

please feel free to elaborate. I really am curious to see a) what people think and b) if I do any of these things on the list.

thanks and yay

My turnoffs are:

1.) A lack of intelligence, analytical skill, or intellectual curiosity. I can tolerate fools, but I definitely don't want to sleep with them!

2.) A lack of open-mindedness and tolerance. For instance, I could never date anyone who wasn't solidly pro gay marriage (just one example).

3.) A lack of optimism. Nothing brings me down faster than someone who's always a downer.

4.) A lack of attention. If the man isn't actively tending to the relationship, I tend to pack my bags. No auto-pilot for me.

5.) Bad spelling. Oh, I hate text-speak with a passion!

6.) Big egos, especially in regards to money. I'd rather date a poor graduate student than Mr. Big Shot any day. But money isn't a turnoff in and of itself, just caring about it in an unhealthy way and thinking it makes you important is.

Any sense of entitlement or prude behavior. Any controlling behavior/motherly disposition is a huge turn off. Also any overly judgmental or prejudicial viewpoints is :sick:

1. I'm not sure if this counts or not, but poor hygiene. It's probably one of the biggest turn-offs ever!
  2. Arrogance/cockiness. I can't stand a guy who thinks his sh*t doesn't smell, or that he is Gods gift.
  3. Stupidity and lack of common sense. If you don't know that the sky is blue, or what the word 'stupidity' means, we aren't suited for eachother.
  4. A flamboyant man. I think that's pretty self explanatory.

I'm sure there are a few annoyances that are a turn-off, but I can deal with. Those are some of the things I usually can't over look.

• Author
Then a tube top wouldnt be needed, would it? I like my boobs raised free-range.

"them" = "tube tops" meaning, good b**bs to hold up the tube top. Never mind. lol

Any sense of entitlement or prude behavior. Any controlling behavior/motherly disposition is a huge turn off. Also any overly judgmental or prejudicial viewpoints is

So basically she should want to do whatever you want to do?

My turn offs:

-Arrogance/cockiness

-A lack of interest in the world beyond work and sports

-Selfishness

-Bad manners/thoughtlessness

-Facial hair, not a deal breaker but I'm not a fan

"them" = "tube tops" meaning, good b**bs to hold up the tube top. Never mind. lol

Good tits = no use for a tube top. Freeeeee range baby.

-Overbearing opinions.

-Controlling behavior.

-Do as I say not as I do people.

-Untrusting people.

-Someone who trys to put and keep you in their box.

-The need to always be right.

-If they dont believe in the true GOD of the Bible.

-People who claim morality but theres no evidence of it in their life.

-People whose past is so trashed that they think the world owes them.

Thats enuf i guess.....

welikeincrowds

Tube tops are straight ugly. I picture of all the beautiful things a woman can use to cover her upper body, and then I think about a tube top, and I am just deeply saddened. :(

-Arrogance

-Large number of male friends

-Promiscuous past

-Bad mouthing people

-Talking about exes

Tube tops are straight ugly. I picture of all the beautiful things a woman can use to cover her upper body, and then I think about a tube top, and I am just deeply saddened. :(

Uh huh, ecm.

And you thought I was alone.

• Author
Uh huh, ecm.

And you thought I was alone.

Well, I have some hot strapless shirts. Does tube top = ANY strapless top? that's why I was asking what you meant :)

And free range??? What does that mean? Topless? Or braless?? :lmao:

EVERYONE ELSE I'm loving the list so far! Thanks. :)

Well, I have some hot strapless shirts. Does tube top = ANY strapless top? that's why I was asking what you meant :)

And free range??? What does that mean? Topless? Or braless?? :lmao:

EVERYONE ELSE I'm loving the list so far! Thanks. :)

Everyone else? Tsk Tsk...

I am being a smart ass. Free-range, organic, what have you. I just like thinking of tits and saying freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

We know tube tops when we see them.

deebeechrisyo

I find in my experience there's a two-level hierarchy of turn-offs. One level are instant deal breakers and the other level is the "watch list".

Deal breakers:

1. Girls who type in aLtErNaTiNg CaSe .... sadly this is more common than you would think.

2. Girls who keep talking about their exes, even after I change the subject multiple times ... I will assume you aren't over your ex and will just use me as a rebound.

3. Girls who force their political/religious agenda on me ... I don't mind who you voted for or that you go to church every Sunday, but judging me or expecting me to join you on your weekly Sunday mass trips will result in me kicking you to the curb without turning my head away from the Seahawks game.

4. Girls who's online profiles read as a terrorist listing his demands ... I'm not really interested in trying to impress you or live up to your disgustingly huge check list of your perfect mate. It also comes across as very bitter.

5. Girls who's online profiles state "if you are a douche or a jerk, don't message me" ... You are a woman on an online dating site, you really should be expecting the creepiest of the creepy. If you did not expect this, then maybe it's time to enter reality?

Watch list:

1. Girls who have a promiscuous past ... I'm actually in the process of getting over this aspect of girls I date. I really don't want to judge girls on this, so I'm trying hard in this new year to stop doing so.

2. Girls who "get bored easily" ... I will assume that you need drama in your life at all times, and require a jerkish ******* to keep you interested. I'm trying to avoid being a jerk, so after enough drama I'll look for a way out.

Feelin Frisky

1. unwarranted defensiveness

2. unwarranted defensiveness

3. more unwarranted defensivess

others include:

- religiosity in any way (fooey)

- not too keen on the kind that falls asleep at the movies

- expects me to notice picky little fashion things about other women that men don't usually even notice and definetly don't care to converse about

- cigarette smoking is a deal-breaker

- can't be a Republican. Just won't work.

- hopefully a bleeding heart liberal like me

- must be witty and relatively in tune with what's going on in the world

- prefer that she have some solid interests so that she doesn't get co-dependent on me

- no pets. Sorry. Children yes. Livestock, no.