Am I Being "Needy" or Expecting too Much Too Soon?

Blssd1

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, found this site by looking for dating advice. Here is my dilemma: I have been dating a man for about a month now (I have known him for a little while, we attend the same church) Anyways, he is a great guy, I love being around him, and he does me. Since we started dating, we never talked on a daily basis, usually he would call to ask me out or whatever. A couple of weeks ago, we started txting each other back and forth, just little, "thinking about you" stuff. So this past Sunday, we had a talk about our status, and moved it from friends to "boyfriend-girlfriend" status. Now I wish we hadnt because I feel my panicky neediness creeping in; as in "shouldnt he be calling me more now" or "is he not calling because he's having 2nd thoughts" type thing. Wow, it sounds crazy even typing this, because I know he really likes me, he even said as much in a text yesterday when confirming our date tomorrow night. Am I wrong to expect more contact, or am I just blowing things out of proportion. Oh, yeah, I am not a kid (contrary to how this post sounds) I am 50, he is 63, so we are not spring chickens. If there are any older people on this site, I would really like to hear your take on things. It has been a long time since I have been in the dating world, and I kinda dont know how to act. I'll take advice from you younger people too, I'm not picky. I just needs something to help me calm down a bit! Thanks

I think when things start slowly, that's best. I have been in relationships where I have made mistakes getting too involved, too fast. So, even if you have decided you are dating, I don't think you have to decide if he is calling you too much or too little yet. Try not to obsess about it. I am interested in someone about the same age as your guy and I am about your age so I get it. It's harder when you are older. Just be patient, keep your eyes wide open and see where things go.

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, found this site by looking for dating advice. Here is my dilemma: I have been dating a man for about a month now (I have known him for a little while, we attend the same church) Anyways, he is a great guy, I love being around him, and he does me. Since we started dating, we never talked on a daily basis, usually he would call to ask me out or whatever. A couple of weeks ago, we started txting each other back and forth, just little, "thinking about you" stuff. So this past Sunday, we had a talk about our status, and moved it from friends to "boyfriend-girlfriend" status. Now I wish we hadnt because I feel my panicky neediness creeping in; as in "shouldnt he be calling me more now" or "is he not calling because he's having 2nd thoughts" type thing. Wow, it sounds crazy even typing this, because I know he really likes me, he even said as much in a text yesterday when confirming our date tomorrow night. Am I wrong to expect more contact, or am I just blowing things out of proportion. Oh, yeah, I am not a kid (contrary to how this post sounds) I am 50, he is 63, so we are not spring chickens. If there are any older people on this site, I would really like to hear your take on things. It has been a long time since I have been in the dating world, and I kinda dont know how to act. I'll take advice from you younger people too, I'm not picky. I just needs something to help me calm down a bit! Thanks

Why does he have to be the one who does all the calling then?

She is older, as am I, and this is how things have been in our experience - the guys call the girls. So, we aren't too familiar with the alternative. How do guys feel about being called early in a relationship? PRessured? Glad to be pursued? What do you think?

She is older, as am I, and this is how things have been in our experience - the guys call the girls. So, we aren't too familiar with the alternative. How do guys feel about being called early in a relationship? PRessured? Glad to be pursued? What do you think?

I can only say that if the woman never called me I would assume she is not very intrested and move on. If I had to do all the calling, it would feel like a one way street where I put in all the effort.