just friendships?

NJchicka

Do you think men can be in a platonic relationship and still be faithful to their girlfriend?

My boyfriend has a friend, who he texts quite often(not when he's with me, though) He tries not to text when he's around me. It's more of a respect thing.

He's never given me a reason to worry. He loves me, and it shows. But I've been burned before, so ya know, it's hard to get over sometimes.

They've hung out before, and nothings happened. I trust his word. I'm just scared of the "what if" the feelings come out, ya know?

Do you think men can be in a platonic relationship and still be faithful to their girlfriend?

My boyfriend has a friend, who he texts quite often(not when he's with me, though) He tries not to text when he's around me. It's more of a respect thing.

He's never given me a reason to worry. He loves me, and it shows. But I've been burned before, so ya know, it's hard to get over sometimes.

They've hung out before, and nothings happened. I trust his word. I'm just scared of the "what if" the feelings come out, ya know?

Yes, you can. Especially when he shows you that he loves you.

CrestfallenNoMore

As an adult, the only time I've had guy friends who didn't want to sleep with me was when either myself, or they were in relationships. In other words, your situation.

If he's never given you a reason to worry, then why manufacture one?

painfullyobvious

I have many female friends in which I have platonic friendships. I am currently married and ocassionally go out with these woman after work. In saying that when we go out it is as work colleagues usually as an entire department to celebrate or to wallow about work. I do not hang out with just one of them alone ouitside of work.

I ocassionally text some female friends but it is usually professionally related or to keep in touch. I would be concerned if the texting between he and his female friend is too routine. The texting out of respect sounds to me like he is trying to be covert. Keep an eye on this.... Hope I am overreacting

be afraid be very afraid... I posit its impossible unless they are sexually undesirable and by that i mean grotesque...

Fire Salamander

I mean It's cool if they're friends and all.. but you'd have to keep it very platonic. Going out drinking without you is not considered platonic. Right now he's glancing at her breasts.

Go make some guy friends.

Sure men and women can be in platonic relationships... right up until the time the guy and gal in question begins to drink and in a drunken stupor, the guy accidently stumbles inside of her vagina.

Absolutely. I have many women friends; they are off-limits.

Are there women that cheat on their BF? yes or no ?

Have you cheated on your BF? yes or no?

Wow you are different than other women arent you ?

See how I am smart enough to not label you with all the rest?

Do you really need to be told that not all people act the same?

It depends so much.

How long have they know each other?

Have they ever dated or slept together?

Do they generally hang out alone or in groups? Are you frequently invited along?

Would he like it if you were texting, drinking, hanging out with another guy?

Bet u would say no.

So yes something is wrong here. Are you prepared for a day when he says it just happened or I fell in love with someone else?

Why are you not with him?

I can see if he is out with a group of work associates.

This behavior is not good.

You can with conditions. I've had platonice female freinds but let one of them give me a chance, hint, etc and I'd hit it. It would be tough to say no

Of course you can. One of my best friends is a guy I have slept with and really liked at one point. It was never going to work out between us, but we have stayed friends. We text/speak or see each other most days, sometimes one on one as we have a shared interest. My current boyfriend is happy with our friendship (he knows us both through the same activity) and doesn't mind me seeing my friend regularly even if he's not there (granted boyfriend is always invited too, but is often unavailable as his work takes him away a lot). Boyfriend knows how much i want to be with him, and that the other guy is just my friend now.