Know any "Late bloomer" stories, if so tell em, here is mines

Labster12

Today was just a hilarious day for me. Back when I was in the 9th grade I knew this one senior, a White guy who most girls wouldn't want to be around and a guy who most people thought would end up single and lonely. He was overweight, shy and awkward around girls, and basically the kid who didn't have a lot of friends.

I hung out with him and talked to him, he would talk about his goals of becoming more outgoing and improving himself. Well he finished college, thing is he went to community college first and then transferred to Vanderbilt University and is now headed to Med School.

Went from being 5"8 to 6"1, says he was 210 as a high school senior and is not about 185 (has the body of an NFL Defensive back), something happened with his face because he might have started taking better care of himself and now, he even has a girlfriend. Pretty looking Italian chick with curly hair, people say she reminds them of Emanuel Chirqui or something.

Anyways ever known a high school nobody that turned into a successful man in the dating world?

Well I considered myself pretty cool in High School but as far as women go I was afraid and really didn't want to risk rejection. Same story in college. I graduated college with out ever even kissing a girl.

Then the summer I graduated college I had enough. I asked out this extremely pretty girl I knew from college and I let my HORNYness do the work.

Things didn't work out with that girl and we broke up after only like a month of dating. But I had broken the physical barrier and I now knew that I could survive getting dumped rejected. I mean it was painful I cried... but I realized how silly I was being.

I some how imeadetly got another gf who was also verry pretty and we dated on and off for like a year. I was a much more confident man.

I went on to date more girls. And I currently have a pretty gf who I have been dating for almost two years.

I think the main trick is TRYING. Most guys who do bad with girls are afraid to ASK WOMEN OUT, then when they have women on the date they are AFRAID to just be THEMSELVES and show THEIR ROMANTIC INTENT through ACTIONS such as KISSING and TOUCHING and FLIRTING.

People need to not stress about rejection and results and just enjoy the ride and have FUN TRYING.

Anyways ever known a high school nobody that turned into a successful man in the dating world?

Yea. Me. :rolleyes::laugh:

• Author

Man I was scared at first in asking girls out but getting a girlfriend in my view is like getting out, it is like a process ya know.

1. Go to parties, join volunteer groups, socialize basically

2. Make friends

3. Make female friends

4. Find the female friends who are singly

5. Ask them out and hope for the best

• Author
Yea. Me. :rolleyes::laugh:

You should serve as the role model for the Asian kids with overly oppressive parents haha.

I was a late bloomer. In high school, I was scrawny, awkward, and basically just an average kid. I wasn't a nerd and had some great friends, but I was just very average. At 17, I was 5'10" 135 pounds and never got a second glance from girls.

Now at 22, I'm 6'1" 165 pounds, muscular, modeled for a clothing store, and overall a big change from high school. I'm still shy at times, but I've been approached and have had far more success with the opposite sex than in high school.

I'm a late bloomer. No guy gave me a second look all through high school. Had my 'first' everything in my freshman year of college. I honestly don't think I even totally grew into my looks until last year, at 22, though there are those who think differently.

Today was just a hilarious day for me. Back when I was in the 9th grade I knew this one senior, a White guy who most girls wouldn't want to be around and a guy who most people thought would end up single and lonely. He was overweight, shy and awkward around girls, and basically the kid who didn't have a lot of friends.

I hung out with him and talked to him, he would talk about his goals of becoming more outgoing and improving himself. Well he finished college, thing is he went to community college first and then transferred to Vanderbilt University and is now headed to Med School.

Went from being 5"8 to 6"1, says he was 210 as a high school senior and is not about 185 (has the body of an NFL Defensive back), something happened with his face because he might have started taking better care of himself and now, he even has a girlfriend. Pretty looking Italian chick with curly hair, people say she reminds them of Emanuel Chirqui or something.

Why is someone who did something positive with their life, hillarious to you?

• Author
Why is someone who did something positive with their life, hillarious to you?

It is kind of funny how we can come SO FAR from being just nobodies in life and how a high school "loser" as they called him can end up with a pretty girl most people can only dream of touching.....

It is kind of funny how we can come SO FAR from being just nobodies in life and how a high school "loser" as they called him can end up with a pretty girl most people can only dream of touching.....

First off, noboday is a "nobody".

Unless, of course, they want to hurt others...

I think you are jealous of him, which really isn't that nice of you.

reservoirdog1

I didn't lose my virginity until I was 20, and it was to the woman I later married. I'd had some dating experience but not a lot, and obviously none very successful prior to that.

When my marriage ended in 2003, I went through the inevitable will-I-ever-get-laid-again blues. I was 31 and had only slept with one woman in my entire life. However, this didn't last very long after XW and I stopped living together as husband and wife. About a month, to be exact. Slept with 15-16 women since then. Still not much of a player but I guess I've got something going for me.

torranceshipman
I was a late bloomer. In high school, I was scrawny, awkward, and basically just an average kid. I wasn't a nerd and had some great friends, but I was just very average. At 17, I was 5'10" 135 pounds and never got a second glance from girls.

Now at 22, I'm 6'1" 165 pounds, muscular, modeled for a clothing store, and overall a big change from high school. I'm still shy at times, but I've been approached and have had far more success with the opposite sex than in high school.

Mad max is that your pic? If so you are a hottie :laugh:

Frankly I think the way you are talking about this guy speaks very ill of your character. Everybody over the age of 19 knows high school doesn't mean crap in the game of life and the way you keep referring to him as a nobody really makes me start questioning your motives. You aren't putting your best foot forward here.

Mad max is that your pic? If so you are a hottie :laugh:

Sorry, it's not. I did post my pic in another thread, but I think one of the mods shut it down.

I'm a late bloomer, well was a late bloomer. I'm 23 and first had sex three years ago, I had my first girlfriend aged 19. It was only when I turned 18 and become an "adult" that I realized I needed to sort myself out. All my friends were getting laid and had women and I was a singleton who stood out like a sore thumb, but when I learned to self improve and improved myself, I started getting better with them, but then I learned I was putting too much stock into getting a woman that I was neglecting other aspects of my life, so now I've come to realize that yes, I need to improve and yes I needed to gain experience with women for the future, but women should always remain secondary to a man. His personal health, his fitness, his aims and career should all come first.

They say "behind every successful man is a successful woman", I disagree "Behind every successful man is a woman who is spending his money, endlessly". This is more appropriate.

You can bet that Catherine Zeta Jones spends more of Michael Douglas' money than her own. I guarantee it, the same with Angelina Jolie, it was Brad Pitt who coffed up for their French Mansion. :lmao:

First off, noboday is a "nobody".

Unless, of course, they want to hurt others...

I think you are jealous of him, which really isn't that nice of you.

Frankly I think the way you are talking about this guy speaks very ill of your character. Everybody over the age of 19 knows high school doesn't mean crap in the game of life and the way you keep referring to him as a nobody really makes me start questioning your motives. You aren't putting your best foot forward here.

Labster does make posts like this over and over again.

The truth is he is young and really doesn't seem to understand much about life.

Life is about the present not how many girls you dated or had sex with ect. Seriously you can be a really cool person and that doesn't need to depend on who your are or arn't dating and to place your self worth on how many girls you can get is silly.

• Author

Green is partially right but I did not deserve the flak I received. Thing is, it is odd, I mean you see one guy who is considered undesirable by many girls in high school and all that and years later he comes back with a girl who many guys envy.

Jealous? No I am happy for him and proud that happened to him, and how he has changed. I am not aware of how life turns out and I do not know how late bloomers happen that often. Not the type of guy to get jealous, okay maybe a little envious, only because the girl he is dating is so freaking fine!

And my friend gets mistaken for being Fernando Torres a lot, and here is how Fernando Torres looks like, and yes my buddy does have the freckles

http://www.footiewallpapers.com/pic_upload/Fernando-Torres-wallpaper-30-1600x1200.jpg

I am not aware of how life turns out and I do not know how late bloomers happen that often.

The problem is that you are very young and have only experienced grade school. (i.e., you know nothing...) Life in high school means NOTHING. And to some extent, life in college also means nothing. "Late bloomers" aren't necessarily "late" at all...they are simply asserting themselves when it matters, and that's after all the silliness that is high school and college. That's when life actually starts.

The majority of guys who were dorky/geeky/nerdy back at my high school (literally, think anywhere from Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles to John Cusak (Lloyd Dobler :love:) in Say Anything), are now not only very successful, but HAWT too. Best part? They don't carry that "I'm the sh*t!" attitude into adulthood like their Mr. Popular Jock counterparts. Late bloomers, if that's what they are, are my favorite. :love:

And the guys that were Mr. Popular Jock guys? All are going bald, have pot bellies, 3 DUIs, look 10 years older than they are (you know the type)... :sick::lmao:

• Author

I was sort of kind of the loser in high school, even though I had a girlfriend I didn't make many friends because it was so cliquey ya know. Also, they didn't like my "type" too much. I just finished high school and I am in my first year of college.